• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Stephen Jackson?

full_court_press

well i think they will push once this da.mn sale goes thru.. it's kind of a mixed feeling on stephen jackson... on one hand I liked him during the playoffs.. on the other hand, he is a bit streaky and i want better..

but considering what we have now, he would be an upgrade so i wouldn't be upset if they signed him. but i would rather get an odom or a battier instead.

Both guys are poor ball handlers with limited guard instincts. Both are average, (if that) defenders. SJ is a better spot up shooter than Dion but Dion is a better slasher/garbage scorer. SJ may be faster than Dion but Dion plays more physically. I would also prefer to sign Dion over Jackson if Jackson is asking for more money. Jim Jackson may be a better fit here now than either Dion or SJ as a starter.

Dion finally had a healthy season last year. He played in 76 games and started 42 of those games. Overall, he set career highs with 9.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, and 1.9 apg. As a starter in 42 games, he averaged 12.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, and shot 45% from the field and 33% from the three point line.

Over the last month of the season, Dion (without Glenn Robinson in the line up) averaged 17.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg, and 4.1 apg. He did do a good job of easing some of the ball handling pressure on Jason Terry, and he improved as a defender.

I wouldn't give him a long term deal, but I do believe I would give him a 2 year deal to see if those 42 games and that last month of the season was a fluke or not.

He actually played pretty well last season after he was moved into the starting lineup. The team was 21-21 with him as a starter and he got better as the season went along. He even played well as a starter alongside Dog (oh my God!)

I would DEFINITELY resign Dion for 2 years before I would sign Stephen Jackson for 3 years or more. I like Jackson fine and I would like to see us sign him AND Glover, as long as Jackson's deal does not exceed 2 years.