• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we need to trade Ratliff?

jezmund

I hate to say it but with all the teams searching for big men, we may be able to fill our roster with more solid players if we move Ratliff for 2 solid players or so. I'm not really sure for what but I really feel we need to make some sort of move and moving SAR could be a lot more risky. I was thinking some deal where we could get a solid big man like a Dale Davis who doesn't have a long contract and a good, young SG/SF. I don't know of any teams that fit the bill (1. want Ratliff, 2. have a good big man to return, 3. have a young swingman who would benefit us) so it might have to be a 3-way.

if it makes our team better.

to get better, we MUST meet ur 3 requirements in order for a trade to be complete...

it'll be hard and i think thats why Knight doesnt want to trade him thinkin its hard to trade him (for the right trade of course) and would rather take him and what he brings to the table- defense....

I only started watching the NBA the season Shareef came to Atlanta. (I've been into the college game since I was little. The pro league first became interesting to me when I started to follow where my favorite college players went.)

In those few seasons, I have been 2 rows in from courtside at about a dozen games, and have watched nearly every game on TV that I was home for.

There's something -- some kind of mojo -- that isn't quantified in stats or even wins. The lackadaisical Big Dog does not seem to care at all; he doesn't have it. 'Reef is harder to read, but seems to not care much one way or the other. He looks like he's going to work at a 9-to-5.

Jason Terry does seem to care about winning, and is probably the most passionate person involved with the Hawks other than Jay Walker. Luckily, JT is also a very talented player. So, building around your spirited player is a good idea. Trade everyone but JT and the rooks.

(Yes, I am an unrealistic optimist.)

than DIESEL expected.... b/c of his character.

I dont know if Diesel knows this, but CHARACTER/PERSONALITY plays a lot when it comes to signing free agents. Look at JR RIDER- the guy got skills! but b/c of his poor attitude, he would as much as his peers with equalivalent talent.

JT is the most passoniate player in our team... he really gets into the game. Ive seen flashy of this from REEF but he doesnt show it all the time. Terry is playing with his heart every single game...