• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Odom Or Prince Would We Be Better This Year?

tmac13

Since most of the rumors of a SNT with Smoove seem to swirl around the Lakers with Odom and the Pistons with Prince I was wondering where each deal would leave the Hawks as a team this year. As much as we want Smooves return I wonder would the Hawks actually be a better team in the near future with either Odom or Prince.

Odom can do a little of everything. He is a good passer, scorer, and rebounder. He is usually very consistant and plays a smart brand of basketball. He is the shot blocker Smoove is but he is not terrible on defense. Prince is a very solid defender and a good passer. He seems to have the knack for hitting the big shot and grabbing the key rebound. He is also a very smart player. He is not nearly as explosive as Smoove but he very steady. I think either guy might actually improve the Hawks in the short term. I could see both meshing easily with Bibby. Joe, Marvin and Horf. All of our players would benefit from their smart play. Odom can play the 4 so he might be the better fit but Prince might come with Amir Johnson who has shown flashes of being special in his own right.

The downside is both guys are alot older than Smoove so the longterm looks a little bleaker.. Neither guy has Smooves potential to be a true superstar. Thoughts?

I want no part of Odom. Also dont forget Dallas. One day after the Mavs season ended there were strong signs coming from Cuban that he was going after Josh Smith. Cuban will leave no stone unturned trying to find the right trade to land Smoove even if it means involving 3 or 4 teams.

• Premium Member
Since most of the rumors of a SNT with Smoove seem to swirl around the Lakers with Odom and the Pistons with Prince I was wondering where each deal would leave the Hawks as a team this year. As much as we want Smooves return I wonder would the Hawks actually be a better team in the near future with either Odom or Prince.

Odom can do a little of everything. He is a good passer, scorer, and rebounder. He is usually very consistant and plays a smart brand of basketball. He is the shot blocker Smoove is but he is not terrible on defense. Prince is a very solid defender and a good passer. He seems to have the knack for hitting the big shot and grabbing the key rebound. He is also a very smart player. He is not nearly as explosive as Smoove but he very steady. I think either guy might actually improve the Hawks in the short term. I could see both meshing easily with Bibby. Joe, Marvin and Horf. All of our players would benefit from their smart play. Odom can play the 4 so he might be the better fit but Prince might come with Amir Johnson who has shown flashes of being special in his own right.

The downside is both guys are alot older than Smoove so the longterm looks a little bleaker.. Neither guy has Smooves potential to be a true superstar. Thoughts?

Ridiculous discussion!

Ridiculous discussion!

So was the Chillz to Greece topic before it became a fact. It was totally dismissed by 75 percent on this board as just a negociating ploy. When will this group learn that with the ASG all bad things are possible.

I don't want either one. Prince is a SF who I believe needs to be in a strong team system in order to maximize his effectiveness. Odom is just not that physical for a PF. Neither of them really fits what we need.

• Premium Member
Ridiculous discussion!

Odom got off to a great start, but as the season went on and Kobe Bryant's knee recovered, he gradually returned to the lost Odom of 2005-06, wondering what to do as an unwilling spot-up shooter. He keyed the Lakers' hot start by averaging 18.3-8.2-5.0 in November, at which point he was being talked up for the All-Star team. But his scoring numbers dipped into the mid-teens the rest of the way.

The issue with Odom is that he's a high-volume, medium-efficiency player -- in other words, he's good at creating lots of shots but doesn't rack up a high true shooting percentage. This type of player is most effective with the ball in his hands a lot, and that simply isn't possible with Kobe or Joe Johnson also on the team. Odom's usage rate ranked 22nd among power forwards last year; Brian Cook actually created more shots per minute than Odom did, because he could spot up for jumpers and play off Kobe in a way that Odom can't.

This is why I've always felt Odom is miscast in L.A or Atlanta. He's not going to space the floor for Kobe or Joe -- he's a 31.7 percent career shooter on 3s -- but if he has the ball in the middle of the floor he can drive and pass and create lots of problems for opposing defense

Think there is any chance in hedes that they offer Diop??????????

I am not sure he can be traded since he was just signed as someone elses free agent. I think you can trade your own guys you just resigned but may have to wait till December to trade any others..I may be wrong!

If it's true that Atl thinks Al is gonna be the guy for us then the question becomes who will make him better. Would Smith? Odum or a young big who can help him down low? A guy like Perkins would be perfect. Would Amir Johnson fit that bill?

Amir is an interesting player. He is now apparently nearly 7 feet tall and extremely athletic. He is very skinny. I read somewhere his lack of playing time was one reason their coach was canned.