• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now We Don't Sign Kwame? I Restate That.....

joshuaneder

• Premium Member

Josh - I understand your pain and wanted to quit several times the last 5 years BUT we just have to understand the Hawks and Braves are cheap a** franchises and do not have the fans best interest in mind.

Hawk fan since 1978.

If Smith leaves, we are worlds biggest f***ing laughing stock and I am done with this franchise-who I have supprted rabidly since 1983.

Kwame Brown is horrible. Worse than Zaza. Why would you pay him $4 million a year to be horrible? I'd rather play some young stiff the minimum than pay a little bit older stiff $4 million a year.

So who will you support if Smith leaves? Will you watch basketball anymore?

I will not root for a team whose ownership and front office intentionally sabatouges this team. I'm done. It's not a fairweather move, it's just self destructive to cheer for a team that is in NO way trying to get better and win. What is the point?

If Smith leaves, we are worlds biggest f***ing laughing stock and I am done with this franchise-who I have supprted rabidly since 1983.

If he leaves for the likes of Tayshaun Prince and Amir Johnson, I may very well ask for a refund on my season tickets. Coming off last season, that would be absolutely RIDICULOUS. NO WAY are we even CLOSE to as good replacing Smoove/Chillz with Prince/Evans/Johnson.

Like it or not, the bottom line is that the market has been set. I'm offering Smoove a deal on the low end of 6 yrs/$66M (Monta Ellis) or on the high end of 6 yrs/$72M (Okafor). I probably offer a 6 yr/$66M deal with incentives that would allow him to reach 6 yrs/$72M. He could take it or leave it. I'll believe that he will take the QO and leave $8M - $9M sitting on the table this year when I see it.

I am NOT trading him for role players. PERIOD. Worst case, he takes the QO and becomes unresticted next year and we have JJ, AL, Marvin, Acie, Mo Evans, Speedy and a FORTUNE to spend on FAs in 09/10. I'd rather have capspace in 09/10 than to spend a combined $14M on Prince and Johnson next year AND we get Smoove for THIS year. After the season, although he might be pissed and take less to play elsewhere (yeah right), Smoove may find out that resigning here as an unrestricted FA is his best option.

If he leaves for the likes of Tayshaun Prince and Amir Johnson, I may very well ask for a refund on my season tickets. Coming off last season, that would be absolutely RIDICULOUS. NO WAY are we even CLOSE to as good replacing Smoove/Chillz with Prince/Evans/Johnson.

Like it or not, the bottom line is that the market has been set. I'm offering Smoove a deal on the low end of 6 yrs/$66M (Monta Ellis) or on the high end of 6 yrs/$72M (Okafor). I probably offer a 6 yr/$66M deal with incentives that would allow him to reach 6 yrs/$72M. He could take it or leave it. I'll believe that he will take the QO and leave $8M - $9M sitting on the table this year when I see it.

I am NOT trading him for role players. PERIOD. Worst case, he takes the QO and becomes unresticted next year and we have JJ, AL, Marvin, Acie, Mo Evans, Speedy and a FORTUNE to spend on FAs in 09/10. I'd rather have capspace in 09/10 than to spend a combined $14M on Prince and Johnson next year AND we get Smoove for THIS year. After the season, although he might be pissed and take less to play elsewhere (yeah right), Smoove may find out that resigning here as an unrestricted FA is his best option.

The problem is, even if we save cap space to spend on FA's in 09/10 we will not actually ever spend the money. Saving cap space is fine, but pointless if ownership is not willing to spend money to secure a free agent that the open cap space has made a possibility.

Does this franchise have any idea what loosing Smith will do to our fanbase. It's actually mind-boggling how out of touch they are.

The problem is, even if we save cap space to spend on FA's in 09/10 we will not actually ever spend the money. Saving cap space is fine, but pointless if ownership is not willing to spend money to secure a free agent that the open cap space has made a possibility.

Does this franchise have any idea what loosing Smith will do to our fanbase. It's actually mind-boggling how out of touch they are.

We might not but it beats the alternative of seeing role players take up all of our capspace PLUS we keep Smith THIS year.