• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Calling All Tech Gurus - Slow Comcast Connection

joannes3000

Imagine that. :Thinking:

Comcrap was decent for the first month of service, but for the past month I've had intermittent signal - at best. At first I thought it was my router causing issues for some crazy reason but running a direct connection from the modem (freebie from Comcrap) to my tower makes no difference.

My ethernet port is the stock one that came with my motherboard.

I'm tempted to go ahead and buy a new modem to see if that will remedy the problem. I was going to do this any way, since I've burned through my fair share of Comcrap-provided modems in the past. I'm looking at getting a Motorola SB5101, but wanted to pose the question here first.

Comcrap says everything is coming up fine on their end so I'm assuming it's something on my end, although they've said everything is "fine" as I've run a latency test while on the phone with them and seen otherwise.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's like pulling teeth waiting for pages to load, and more importantly I'm unable to pull the necessary data for my GD world previews because it keeps timing out. :banghead:

Imagine that. :Thinking:

Comcrap was decent for the first month of service, but for the past month I've had intermittent signal - at best. At first I thought it was my router causing issues for some crazy reason but running a direct connection from the modem (freebie from Comcrap) to my tower makes no difference.

My ethernet port is the stock one that came with my motherboard.

I'm tempted to go ahead and buy a new modem to see if that will remedy the problem. I was going to do this any way, since I've burned through my fair share of Comcrap-provided modems in the past. I'm looking at getting a Motorola SB5101, but wanted to pose the question here first.

Comcrap says everything is coming up fine on their end so I'm assuming it's something on my end, although they've said everything is "fine" as I've run a latency test while on the phone with them and seen otherwise.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's like pulling teeth waiting for pages to load, and more importantly I'm unable to pull the necessary data for my GD world previews because it keeps timing out. :banghead:

After some research, I did a little editing in the registry and I think I've solved the problem. Increased the TCP window size and that seems to have done the trick for now.

Edited by joannes3000