Suggestions for images to make into Glass

hussamga

Hey guys, i was looking for suggestions, on hawk images that i will get made into glass. Just started the business this past year, since i cant quite find a reasonable full time job.

Anyways, just post links to some images and im going to select a 1-2 since they run $50-70/sq ft and see how it turns out. There is a limit to the amount of detail that can be etched into the glass and thickness.

I gotta place the order within the next 10days or so since i have to fulfil some other orders, should come out spectacular in and around December. Already got a piece in mind, tribute to Verron Haynes and UGA (was good friends with my roomate), with overhead of sanford stadium and Verron outline covering the playing field.

If this post is considered improper, advertising, or something else, just delete it. No harm intended. I already got some images in mind.

If this post is considered improper, advertising, or something else, just delete it. No harm intended. I already got some images in mind.

Nothing wrong with your post at all. I'm interested to see an example of what one of these comes out looking like.

Hey guys, i was looking for suggestions, on hawk images that i will get made into glass. Just started the business this past year, since i cant quite find a reasonable full time job.

Anyways, just post links to some images and im going to select a 1-2 since they run $50-70/sq ft and see how it turns out. There is a limit to the amount of detail that can be etched into the glass and thickness.

I gotta place the order within the next 10days or so since i have to fulfil some other orders, should come out spectacular in and around December. Already got a piece in mind, tribute to Verron Haynes and UGA (was good friends with my roomate), with overhead of sanford stadium and Verron outline covering the playing field.

sounds interesting and something i would like to see...

how about the signature Dominique Wilkins reverse pump dunk? I will look up a photo when i get home.

Or maybe the Phil's (Philips Arena) Atlanta Entrance?

if this wasn't what you had in mind, my bad, but good luck with your new business

sounds interesting and something i would like to see...

how about the signature Dominique Wilkins reverse pump dunk? I will look up a photo when i get home.

Or maybe the Phil's (Philips Arena) Atlanta Entrance?

if this wasn't what you had in mind, my bad, but good luck with your new business

Yah gonna look up the Nique one, theres some limitations on how much detail they can put in (more detail = greater size = more expensive). This Josh Smith pic looks good cause there's some contrast in colors which will really stand out (wood court, blue paint, white uniform, orange rim). I just hope they can make the facial features distinguishable.

Edited by hussamga

• 3 weeks later...

13.jpg

I had this sample made to try out the production process. Im not sure why my assistant put the logo in the bottom of the picture, but oh well. Looks ok, just need to remove some artifacts from the Original image that showed up in the glass, have better graphic editing to clean up somethings.

Basically can take any high res image (prefer 1280x1000 and up) and put it on the glass. I wont be able to inspect the actual glass/quality until it arrives in mid december, will keep ya guys posted.

13.jpg

I had this sample made to try out the production process. Im not sure why my assistant put the logo in the bottom of the picture, but oh well. Looks ok, just need to remove some artifacts from the Original image that showed up in the glass, have better graphic editing to clean up somethings.

Basically can take any high res image (prefer 1280x1000 and up) and put it on the glass. I wont be able to inspect the actual glass/quality until it arrives in mid december, will keep ya guys posted.

Looks pretty cool! Let me know if you need any help cleaning up graphics or whatever. I'd be glad to help and there are a few others here with strong Photoshop skills that I'm sure would be happy to help also.

The glass is actually two 5mm pcs vacuum/compressed together with print in between. Was trying it out for first time with this manufacturer. Comes out to about $40 per sqft delivered here stateside.

Appreciate the offer, actually i could use some ideas/help with some non photo realistic (something that can be done by hand without focusing on details like facial features e

etc, found in actual photographs) of hawk related stuff. The etched glass looks much better with the transparency and depth.

Will be working to make something more unique in the meantime.