• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

End of the Bench

Johann

Unlike past years, we have some players on the bottom of the pole who seem like they can play. I don't want any injuries to anyone ahead of them, but I would like to see what Randolph Morris, Speedy, Othello Hunter and Mario can do out there, even during meaningful minutes.

It's hard to think of tinkering with what looked good last game. Woody is not known for his substitution skills. There are limited minutes in a game, and lots of talent, finally, on the first and second teams.

But get these guys some minutes, Wood. :sad:

(ps: what a great problem to have)

As you can tell by my username, I am a Buckeye fan...along with a Die had Hawks fan. I can pretty much tell you what you're going to get from Othello Hunter. It's all about intensity with him, half of the games he would "show up" and give the Bucks solid pts, rebounds, and a couple of blocks...other games you wouldn't realize he's on the floor. Terrific athlete for his size...a player from the old BK regime I suppose...6'9ish that can run and jump out of the gym. Needs to get stronger physically, but who doesn't? He has a decent 15 and in game jumper...better than Horf's. Othello stepped out and even made a couple threes for the Bucks last year. Real smooth jumper. Similar to Solomon a few years ago, he's just raw with overused cliche' - potential. I'm glad he made the team. Whether or not he'll be here remains to be seen, but I'm happy for him because at times last year during some of his performances, I actually had thoughts of him possibly playing in the NBA. Other games, I thought he just an average PF on an average team.

As you can tell by my username, I am a Buckeye fan...along with a Die had Hawks fan. I can pretty much tell you what you're going to get from Othello Hunter. It's all about intensity with him, half of the games he would "show up" and give the Bucks solid pts, rebounds, and a couple of blocks...other games you wouldn't realize he's on the floor. Terrific athlete for his size...a player from the old BK regime I suppose...6'9ish that can run and jump out of the gym. Needs to get stronger physically, but who doesn't? He has a decent 15 and in game jumper...better than Horf's. Othello stepped out and even made a couple threes for the Bucks last year. Real smooth jumper. Similar to Solomon a few years ago, he's just raw with overused cliche' - potential. I'm glad he made the team. Whether or not he'll be here remains to be seen, but I'm happy for him because at times last year during some of his performances, I actually had thoughts of him possibly playing in the NBA. Other games, I thought he just an average PF on an average team.

Thanks, Buck. the Hawks exec that did the summer league blog (I can almost remember his name) was impressed by him, so I want to see him.

I really want to see R. Morris. Last game would have been a great opportunity - on the same floor with Josh and Dwight. Josh is going to make Morris get up and down the court, play defense, dive on the floor, I'm thinking.

Morris supposedly has good offensive skills down low - something no one else is strong with on this team. Seems like his problem has always been effort, at Ky and in NY. But Josh would let him hear it if he didn't bust it on the court for us.

We know what Speedy can do. For those in the other thread that said a healthy Speedy no longer exists, I'm not so sure. Hamp seemed like the Braves' most effective starter the last month of the season, which is a heck of a lot more surprising than if Speedy has returned to form.