• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Great Game 1, Series from over.

LouieB

Enjoyed reading all the posts since last night. What a game if you're a Hawks fan. I must admit I watched the 2nd QTR a couple of times LOL. I don't guess anyone expected that kind of a beat down. The Hawks obviously came out with more intensity and focus, the Heat looked overmatched the whole game. Even at the end of the 1st QTR, when the Hawks had a small lead you could sense that things might get away from the Heat, and it did.

I watched the game on FSS (love Nique and Rathbun) but I had to turn over to TNT to catch the halftime show w/ Barkley and the gang. I thought their observation of our team was pretty accurate. We do play a lot of 1 on 1 half court basketball, and Josh Smith would be "Scary" if he had a consistent jump shot.

We are the more complete team and will win this series, however Miami shot the ball horrible in Game 1 and it wasn't all b/c the Hawks outstanding defense. Miami missed a ton of wide open jump shots and a few point blank layups, some of which will fall in Game 2. I think the Hawks did a good job defensively (especially on Wade) and decent offensively. I think the Miami's number 1 task will be to get to the rim and have someone back to slow down our running game. The Hawks must take advantage of defensive rebounding in Game 2 b/c the way we ran them out of the gym in Game 1 they'll have 2 guys back the whole night to slow down the Hawks running game. It should be 5 on 3 in the paint, no 2nd chance points. I think Game 2 is much, much closer...... Don't want to sound unhappy b/c I'm not, I'm extremely excited but I do think this could be a trap game Wednesday night if the Hawks don't come out focused. We don't want to go to Miami 1-1. Lets get this thing over and get ready for the King.

OH, and 1 more thing. How about some MVP chants for JJ when he's at the line. Show him some love, he plays 40 mins a night and is a classy player. I think it would be awesome and boost his confidence, we'll need him A+ against the king. I know he's no league candidate for MVP but he's WITHOUT QUESTION our MVP, right? Just a thought, I'll be there Wednesday maybe I'll try to get it going LOL.

Go Hawks, Congrats on a great game 1!!!

LB

Man I wish I was there for game 1 and tonights game. However I'm stuck in Cali preparing for my wedding at the end of June. My fiance don't understand a lick of basketball but at least she is supportive of me watching the game. But oh so lonely watching alone and not being able to share my excitement when Smoove was dunking all over the place.

Man I wish I was there for game 1 and tonights game. However I'm stuck in Cali preparing for my wedding at the end of June. My fiance don't understand a lick of basketball but at least she is supportive of me watching the game. But oh so lonely watching alone and not being able to share my excitement when Smoove was dunking all over the place.

Congratulations and don't worry... The good ones always come around...

That's pretty funny because I was in Florida during last years playoffs preparing for my wedding. I was pretty bummed about missing the games and not being able to go to them, but getting married was worth it. This year I'm going to all the games :) I got my wife a Horford jersey and she finally wore it to the game Sunday, so maybe you should try that?

Edited by BossTweed

Hype of the national media says:

D. Wade had a bad game. He will make up for it tonight.

They expect a blow out by the Heat tonight.

They will stop he slam dunks. They will stop their own turnovers. They will hit

their shots. Hawks can't stop them again. Heat are too good.

Ah, well. It was great while it lasted. (If the media is correct, which I seriously doubt.)

:nono:

GO HAWKS!!!

:biggrin:

That's pretty funny because I was in Florida during last years playoffs preparing for my wedding. I was pretty bummed about missing the games and not being able to go to them, but getting married was worth it. This year I'm going to all the games :) I got my wife a Horford jersey and she finally wore it to the game Sunday, so maybe you should try that?

Thanks guys. Now I'm really looking forward to getting my wife a Horford jersey and going to games next year. I'm following in your footsteps buddy.

Congratulations!! May you have a long and happy married life.

From the old man, who has been wed to the same sweetheart for over 48 years,

just a word of advice that has worked for me:

Before you wed, you have one person to please, yourself.

After your wedding vows, you will have two persons to please:

Your new bride and your new Mother in law!

Hopefully, we're going to gain a Hawks fan or two out of all this!!

:biggrin:

GO HAWKS!!!