• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's ridiculous that Wade is a legit MVP candidate

AtLaS

Has nothing to do with this series.

The media raves about Wade being the MVP, and that it should only be him or LeBron. I swear the media is in love with Wade.

Kobe (06), Tmac (02-03), and even LeBron last year have all had just as dominant seasons as Wade's this season, and all led teams full of scrubs to mediocre seasons those years and into the playoffs. However, they all finished 4th in MVP voting in those years.

The MVP should be LeBron with Dwight a VERY close second. Than I'd think about Wade, Paul, and Kobe.

Has nothing to do with this series.

The media raves about Wade being the MVP, and that it should only be him or LeBron. I swear the media is in love with Wade.

Kobe (06), Tmac (02-03), and even LeBron last year have all had just as dominant seasons as Wade's this season, and all led teams full of scrubs to mediocre seasons those years and into the playoffs. However, they all finished 4th in MVP voting in those years.

The MVP should be LeBron with Dwight a VERY close second. Than I'd think about Wade, Paul, and Kobe.

Wade will probably be 3rd or 4th in the voting. Kobe will get second most likley.

Plus during 06 the media pimped Kobe for the MVP quite a bit too (even though Lebron's numbers were just gross and he was on a 50 win team).

I'm not concerned with them giving him his due, he was legit this season.

Wade will probably be 3rd or 4th in the voting. Kobe will get second most likley.

Plus during 06 the media pimped Kobe for the MVP quite a bit too (even though Lebron's numbers were just gross and he was on a 50 win team).

I'm not concerned with them giving him his due, he was legit this season.

This isn't a pimp - LeBron thread, I'm not even a fan of his and still don't consider him the best, but he deserves the MVP, and Dwight should be #2 quite easily IMO. It just seems that any time the MVP is discussed it is only about Wade and LeBron, when the fact is that others have had equally (or better seasons) and finished fourth because of team record. If record is going to be taken into account, it should stay that way.

Kobe that season had a 40 point month, 5 straight 50+ point games, the 81 point game, and numerous game winners.

T-mac was absolutely unbelievable and I'm not sure anyone has ever had an entire offensive season that great. He was unstoppable.

And, yeah, LeBron was nasty in 08 and 06.

Wade should not finish higher than 3rd, and that is questionable.

• Moderators

Since the MVP award is one that is a relative ranking of players for that season, I can easily see where someone could legitimately finish #2 with a season that is not as good as someone who finished #4 in a prior year because there were better candidates in that prior year who got the #2 and #3 spots. So I don't care so much about comparing Wade to prior performances as comparing his performance this year to others this year. Wade put together some absolutely dominant play this year and I don't have a problem with him being discussed for the #2 spot in MVP voting this season.

Since the MVP award is one that is a relative ranking of players for that season, I can easily see where someone could legitimately finish #2 with a season that is not as good as someone who finished #4 in a prior year because there were better candidates in that prior year who got the #2 and #3 spots. So I don't care so much about comparing Wade to prior performances as comparing his performance this year to others this year. Wade put together some absolutely dominant play this year and I don't have a problem with him being discussed for the #2 spot in MVP voting this season.

Yeah, but there were also other dominant performers this season. Dwight put up 20+ and 14+ with 3 blocks on 57% shooting, on a 59 win team to boot. He's also the defensive player of the year. Orlando is a top 3 defensive team yet they have no good defenders other than Dwight.

Look at CP3, we haven't seen numbers like that in over a decade. Chris Paul's PER is essentially the same as Wade's and his team was better (he probably had a little more support though, although I consider David West the most overrated PF in basketball).

Yao had a great season and should get consideration.

Regardless, I'd probably have Wade or CP3 as #3. But, Dwight and LeBron's seasons should easily be considered superior IMO.

MVP is a relative award, not an absolute award. It depends heavily on who else is there that year and how well they are playing. So to compare D-Wade to other players in specific seasons does not hold because those were under different circumstances. This is why I hate when people complain that Shaq "deserves" more MVP awards than the 1 he has. An MVP is a function of not only your play in a season but also everyone else's play.

MVP is a relative award, not an absolute award. It depends heavily on who else is there that year and how well they are playing. So to compare D-Wade to other players in specific seasons does not hold because those were under different circumstances. This is why I hate when people complain that Shaq "deserves" more MVP awards than the 1 he has. An MVP is a function of not only your play in a season but also everyone else's play.

Of course it's a relative award. But, Dwight's season this year was absolutely incredible, he played on a 59 win team, and won the DPOY, not to mention putting up 20+ and 14 with 3 blocks on 57% shooting. They have a top 3 defense with no good defenders on that team outside himself.

We haven't seen stats from a PG like CP3's in over a decade.

I agree there were great players who had great seasons then, but I don't see them being that much greater than the previous ones I mentioned, if at all.

And, Nash won it with stats of 15 and 11 over Kobe in 06. I'm just not buying the hype.

Edited by AtLaS

• Moderators

I do think Shaq deserved more because I thought he should have won over all other players in specific years.

I don't think Nash was ever MVP worthy so I don't use him as an example to justify anything. Great PG but not a complete player or ever the best player in the game, IMO.