• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to Sund and the ASG

coachx

Before draft night Chad Ford, and others, reported the Hawks may sale their draft pick and go into cost cutting mode so they could presumably resign Bibby.

Instead the Hawks became buyers again. The Hawks dealt Speedy Claxton and Acie Law for more money in 09-10 and an extra year in J. Crawford.

They also used the #19 pick on what most people think was the best player left on the board in J. Teague to prove Chad Ford wrong yet again.

Props to the Sund, and the ASG, for giving him the financial freedom to make the moves a reality.

I only hope I do not have to tke back this post 2 months from now after free agency.

Edited by coachx

I thought a couple of those "rumors" were really just cheap shots. Ford heard that the Hawks were looking to make deals and that part turned out to be true. But when he speculated on what those deals were Ford clearly was just making stuff up.

Before draft night Chad Ford, and others, reported the Hawks may sale their draft pick and go into cost cutting mode so they could presumably resign Bibby.

Instead the Hawks became buyers again. The Hawks dealt Speedy Claxton and Acie Law for more money in 09-10 and an extra year in J. Crawford.

They also used the #19 pick on what most people think was the best player left on the board in J. Teague to prove Chad Ford wrong yet again.

Props to the Sund, and the ASG, for giving him the financial freedom to make the moves a reality.

I only hope I do not have to tke back this post 2 months from now after free agency.

I agree. Two very smart moves that will cost them a little but have upside. Crawford's contract was basically given to Atlanta. And Teague, well I think he is going to be good. But I like that they didn't try to solve everything on draft night but they tried to improve where they could.

Hawk88