• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks starters good for 20 hot minutes

Hawksquawk

Teague is the real deal.

I hope. Reading this thread, I'm excited. I like seeing the stats and hearing about the positive comments from his teammates and coaches, but these are all scrimmages. Means nothing. I'm very optimisitic, and hopeful, with Teague...but until I see it consistently when it matters, I'm not ready to claim him the savior of our PG position. Been down that road before.

I think both of you need to check out what kind of numbers KJ put up before you try and make that comparison.

Obviously, it's way premature. People compare him to JT and Ford. I just thought Teague's game looks similar to KJ's and Sekou agreed.

No claim of proof.

KJ was Mark Price's backup in Cleveland, and he didn't blossom until he was traded to the Suns for Larry Nance. What KJ did to NBA playoff opponents, Teague is doing to borderline NBA players. Now that Teague's long range shots aren't falling, his game looks even more similar to KJ.

Edited by jerrywest

I agree AHF, but in terms of how we (or Woody) likes our PG's, he has all the tools he needs already.

But then again, 8 then 7 assist's the past 2 nights isnt bad. Maybe he will have better success distributing in the pro's because he will be surrounded by better finisher's than his prep days. Who know's though, you can never really judge how a player's game will evolve once he plays in a pro system.

He fits more into the pro "iso" game then the college "team" game.