• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next 30 days for GM Sund: Start courting coaching candidates...

hawks21

I just don't envision Mike Woodson being the coach of the Atlanta Hawks in 2010. This year is looking more like last year, and Woodson has taken this team as far as he can take it, and probably his head coaching career will likely come to an end.

Byron Scott would be a good fit for the Hawks, and potentially with the loss of Joe Johnson, Scott has a reputation of quickly re-building teams. I would like to see how he develop a Jeff Teague moreso than a Woodson. Scott was a championship player with the Lakers, and took the Nets to the NBA FINALS twice. That is not a small accomplishment.

GM Sund may get a reference from Scott's former Lakers' teammate and current Hawks' assistant, Larry Drew. Keeping Drew as an assistant could help with the transition with Scott potentially becoming the new coach of the Hawks in 2010.

I'd much rather have Woodson than Any of the guys you mentioned. You have seen teams QUIT on Byron Scott and Mitchell. Bryon Scott is the last coach in the league I would actually hire. I can't believe anyone would actually want him. He is the worst coach in the league at dealing with young players- look at how much better the Hornets are now that they fired Scott and are actually playing their young guys. Contrast that to Woodson where even after the young players move on they still don't do anything.

Edited by spotatl