• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Orlando

Birdman316

Right now Hawks have a half game lead on the magic. What I'm trying to figure out is what do teams do to have success vs Orlando that we dont?

Portland was without both of their two true centers and their best player yet they still destroyed Orlando. Even the Kings were hanging with the Magic until the 4th quarter of that game.

Portland and Atlanta are very similar in my mind. I just dont get why we dont match up well with them. Portland didnt even have their best play and still destroyed Orlando. So why cant a healthy Hawks team beat the Magic?

In my mind, it's mental. I don't think they believe they can beat this team. Of course they get up for Cleveland and Boston because they know they can beat them. But Orlando is a different story. They just need their confidence

I think that it's a combination of mental and our defensive scheme against them. They do a tremendous job (against us) of getting shooters open and we get caught switching and they just kill us from deep. That didn't start until this year though as we were far more competitive the last few years even though we weren't as good and last year they were probably better than they are now.

I think it is 80% mental.

But I must say Portland caught the Magic at the right time. Lewis called his team out the other day saying things like, "I need to shot whenever I get the ball because I don't get it much. You have bench players taking more shots then me on some games."

They think that is a shot at VC. Magic is a team that is not a team at this moment.

I said it then and I will say it now. Bring VC in and letting HT go was the Magics down fall.

• Like 1