• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ Blockbuster Trade

phoostal

Now here me out first before everyone just blows this idea up, do I think JJ will be traded before the deadline - NO.

However, if we were to trade him this proposal would be tough to turn down.

As Miami continues to lose and is in danger of not being in the playoffs, one must wonder if D. Wade will even consider resigning. As they lose I believe the less and less he will want to stay. I also think P. Riley and the Heat know this as well.

What if there was trade of JJ, M. Williams, and our 1st for D. Wade and D. Wright.

The Heat do this trade knowing Wade won't come back and feel they have a better chance of signing JJ, have a young piece in Williams and a 1st round pick from us.

The Hawks do this because it makes them a better team for this year and they will hold the rights to Wade for a sign and trade in the off season. Also, once Wade gets here he may like this team and resign with the Hawks realizing this is a better option than the Heat ever was going to be or any other team for that matter. One other thing this does for Atlanta, is it packs Phillips arena every night. No more attendance problems. Which may not mean much to us, but to this ownership group it would mean a ton.

This all speculation as we know, but I can't help to think as the Heat start to fall further out of playoff contention the Heat have to realize Wade is gone. Why would he want to stay with a team that is a borderline playoff team at best.

Do I think this will ever happen, probably not. But it does make for interesting conversation.

P

Despite Riley pretty much letting it known he would waste a few years of Wade's prime to have capspace in 2010, he still holds all the cards in terms of negotiating his future. He can offer him the most amount of money under the CBA and have his pick of whatever sidekick he deems worthy to play next to him. Riley can outright sign JJ to play NEXT to Wade and if he was in any fear of losing Wade he wouldn't trade him for any longterm salary like Marvin's deal because that would actually eat into his ability to replace him.

Miami is in an entirely different situation than us where if we lose JJ we do not have the capability to replace him with a similarly talented player. If they lose Wade they will have almost 30 million dollars or more to sign or trade for whomever they please. They can wait out the year and if Wade feels he wants to find another situation to play in AND get the max he will have to negotiate that with Riley and Riley can hold either the other team or Wade by the balls in terms of what he wants to get back in any deal. It's a moot conversation because no matter how badly this season goes, the most favorable situation for Wade financially and in terms of winning a championship is in Miami next year.