• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KG: Oh No He Di'Nt...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Charlie V goin' ham, and rightfully so...

KG talks alot of crap, he's prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him

KG called me a cancer patient, I'm pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he's tossing it like it's a joke...

I wouldn't even trip about that, but a cancer patient, I know way 2 many people who passed away from it, and I have a special place 4 those

wiki wiki wiki wiki...

Villanueva has alopecia universalis, a variation of alopecia areata, an autoimmune skin disease. This results in hair loss on the scalp and/or elsewhere on the body, but the disease is not otherwise life-threatening or harmful. Villanueva is a spokesman for the NAAF (National Alopecia Areata Foundation),[2] and received the February 2006 Community Assist Award from the NBA for his work with the organization.

Hope he doesn't take all his frustrations out on the Hawks tonight (and if he does, hopefully it won't matter).

KG's gonna make the *sshole Hall of Fame before he gets into the Bball Hall. He might get his own wing.

~lw3

• Moderators
Garnett called the incident "a major miscommunication."

"My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league,'" Garnett said.

Add a Fibber wing to the *sshole Hall o' Fame. Really? He couldn't invent some better modified 'trash' than that? That's like what James Earl Jones would say if he were talking trash, not a basketball player at any level in the middle of a game. Yeah, that's just so much better, keep digging that hole, KG.

"I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful. The game of life is far bigger than the game of basketball."

"Oh, some of my best friends (have/are something), so you know I wouldn't stoop so low as to say anything about (something)!" PR people still go for these tired lines? Sorry, KG, you're KG, we all know better. You tried to talk trash to take a player out of his game and score some cheap tech-foul points, you failed, got exposed, and now you're backpedaling as usual. Enjoy that ring K-Mac and Danny manufactured for you.

~lw3

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is BS. And the only people caring about this are the people who already have it in for KG.

It is trash talking among grown man we are talking about.

Spoken like a true Celtics fan.

Spoken like a true Celtics fan.

You are in absolute denial if you don't think there 100x worse things being said during a game. Trash talking is, by definition, offensive.

Cripple, gimp, retarded, lame, midget, pinhead, numbskull are all words tied to actual medical conditions that are intended to offend much the same way "cancer patient" is and you can hear it in any gym where high school students are playing, nevermind actual competitive adults.

But I think Doc said it best:

"Larry [bird] has said some terrible things to me and I'm still hurt by them," Rivers joked. "But you know what I mean. And there are times when guys do cross the line but you get over that too. So I don't know, I don't think talking about what guys have said during the game is the place. I just don't find a place for it."

I still don't see how this form of trash talk is so horrible and all the racist/misogynistic/homophobic statements and the statements that refer to other medical conditions are ok.

We are talking about 2 grown men, talking amongst themselves in a heated game of basketball.

And I say this as someone who lost a father to cancer.

This is actually the best take on this "controversy"

http://deadspin.com/5680957/the-stupid-outrage-over-kevin-garnetts-mouth

And yet here we are anyway, freaking out over the impolite thing Garnett said to Charlie Villaneuva, which is surely no more offensive than any of the hundred impolite things that players say to each other during every game (to say nothing of the coaches). I realize that this is CBA season, and that the coarse behavior of NBA players is once again a media-sanctioned Serious Issue. But does anyone really think these guys don't talk like this to each other all the time?