AJC: Drew faces 'dilemma' with Marvin and Mo out

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
Marvin Williams thinks he could return Sunday vs. the Suns. (Hyosub Shin / hshin@ajc.com)

Marvin Williams thinks he could return Sunday vs. the Suns. (Hyosub Shin / hshin@ajc.com)

Marvin is to get an MRI on his right knee today. He’s not making the trip to Minnesota. Neither is Mo (knee).

“It puts us in a little bit of a dilemma because both of our threes are out,” L.D. said.

Jamal (toe) will be on the team flight today but he’s questionable. Even if he plays, L.D. said he’s leaning against putting him in the starting lineup.

“Him off the bench just gives us such a weapon,” he said. ” If I don’t have to disrupt that, I don’t want to.”

So what are his options with the starting lineup?

“I am looking at different things. I am looking at Minnesota and because they have such a big lineup with Beasley, Milicic and Love, I may have to go bigger at the three. If Jamal is at the two, and Joe is at the three, then Joe has to guard Beasley, and I don’t want that.”

Translation: The likely starting lineup will be Bibby, Joe, Smoove, Al and Zaza. That’s how the Hawks finished …

View the full article