• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: Atlanta Hawks Injury Report Part 2: Even More Help on the Way?

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
Marvin Williams moved one step closer today to returning to the Hawks lineup (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

More photos » Kevin C. Cox - Getty Images

Marvin Williams moved one step closer today to returning to the Hawks lineup (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

More after the jump

Michael Cunningham reports that not only did Maurice Evans return to practicebut Marvin Williams was a surprise participant as well. Even more surprising is that both could potentially return for tomorrow night's game against the Utah Jazz

"I’m doing better," he said. "I’m not hobbling around too much. It still hurts, but I’m pretty excited. As long as nothing happens tonight, I will try to give it a go tomorrow depending on how it feels." 

While I think that it is much more likely that Mo Evans returns tomorrow night the fact that Williams was able to go through a full fledged practice today bodes well. If nothing else the Hawks should be back to full strength sooner rather than later.

Also on the injury front, MC also reports that Pape Sy participated in some contact portions of practice today. Sy has been increasing his workload while recovering from a lower back problem that has plagued him since training camp. Speaking of Sy, I talked to Utah Flash Team President Drew Sellers today on the phone and he confirmed that he expects to see Sy in Utah at some point this season.  

di
di

View the full article