• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopinion: Win a Free Copy of Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

There now exists something I've fantasized* about since my friend Richie White and I created a rudimentary dice basketball game to play during lunch in elementary school: a deep and powerful basketball management simulation game. Wolverine Studios has released Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2 and have entrusted me with giving a free copy to a Hoopinion reader.

*Consider comments about the quality of my fantasies preempted by this sentence.

All you have to do to have a chance to win the game is send me an e-mail (hoopinion {at} gmail {dot} com) with "Draft Day Sports" in the subject line between now and 11:59pm EST on Sunday, November 14th. The winner will be selected at random.

Before you enter, please make sure that your machine meets the system requirements for the game:

Operating System : Windows 2000

CPU : Pentium II 800 mHz

Memory : 128 MB RAM

Hard Disk : 250 MB

Video Display : 1024x768

As for the game, anyone who has played Football Manager, Baseball Mogul, or Out of the Park should be familiar with the concept. You, the user takes control of all aspects of a professional basketball team.

Note that I did not limit that description to the NBA. There are 72 playable teams in 9 European leagues available in the game. For a full list of the games features, please read this.

Neil Paine reviewed Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2 for the Basketball-Reference.com blog:

DDS: PB2 is definitely following in the footsteps of those great sports sim games of the past...I would definitely recommend DDS: PB2 for any player looking for an in-depth, immersive game that focuses on the management side of the NBA.

If you can't wait for your chance to win the game, download the free demo or order the game yourself.

View the full article