• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2011 Mock Draft

I usually do these right away but due to it being such a weak draft coupled with an interesting playoff run for the Hawks, I put it off a bit. Regardless, here is my annual "Max Trueblood mock draft".

1. Cleveland-Kyrie Irving, PG

Dan Gilbert was pretty excited about getting the #1 pick which led me to believe that he has his eyes on someone and the rumor for a few months now is that they like Irving.

2. Minnesota-Derrick Williams, SF

Enes Kanter fills more of a need at the center spot but Williams is the best available. Could come off the bench or start right away if the Wolves get a deal for Michael Beasley.

3. Utah-Enes Kanter, C

All signs point to them taking Brandon Knight but I just don't see why he's a perfect fit in the Jazz system. Look for Kanter to get the nod here and team up with Turkish countryman Mehmet Okur.

4. Cleveland-Jonas Valanciunas, C

Big time reach here but he's young and has the most long term potential. He fills a need and coupled with it being a weak draft, actually makes some sense here.

5. Toronto-Branden Knight, PG

Tempted to take a European like Jan Vesely since they've built their roster around Europeans but Knight is too good to pass up. With Calderon getting older and Bayless better suited to being a combo guard off the bench, the Raps go with a floor leader.

6. Washington-Jan Vesely, SF/PF

I swore I'd never project another 6'11" Euro as a wing player but this guy has the skills to get it done on the next level.

7. Sacramento-Kemba Walker, PG

The Kings feel that Tyreke's long term position is the 2 spot so they fill the PG gap with Walker.

8. Detroit-Marcus Morris, SF/PF

Tough as nails type who'll fit the Motor City image. Not to mention that Tayshaun Prince is a free agent and may not be back so there could be a hole at SF.

9. Charlotte-Kawhi Leonard, SF

Has been compared to Gerald Wallace on most draft sites so the Bobcats have someone that they can pacify the "Crash" fans with.

10. Milwaukee-Bismack Biyombo, PF

The Bucks seem to have good luck with foreign players and he is arguably the best player available.

11. Golden State-Jordan Hamilton, 2G/SF

A bit of a reach here but I'm impressed with this guy's game and he has NBA written all over him. Can run the floor well which comes in handy with this uptempo offense.

12. Utah-Jimmer Fredette, PG

Now you know the real reason why I have the Jazz going big with the #3:-p. Gotta see the Jimmer stay in state.

13. Phoenix-Alec Burks, 2G

Really tempted to take Klay Thompson here but they have enough shooters. Time for a defensive player with an all around game. 2G is the weakest spot in the NBA talent wise and Burks and Thompson are the best available.

14. Houston-Chris Singleton, SF/PG

He can come right in and battle Chase Budinger for the starting SF spot.

15. Indiana-Donatus Motiejunas, PF/C

The Pacers can fill the backup PG need through free agency. For now, this guy can spread the floor on offense when the Pacers go small. Has been on the NBA radar forever.

16. Philadelphia-Tobias Harris, SF

Another reach but he has long term potential and the Sixers could use some depth at the 3 spot due to Thaddeus Young getting the majority of his minutes at the 4.

17. New York-Klay Thompson, 2G

Great pick for the Knicks. Catch and shoot guy comes in handy in the uptempo offense. Will battle Fields for the starting 2 spot.

18. Washington-Nolan Smith, PG

Surprise pick here but the Wiz go for need as they have no backup PG to Wall. Steady ballhandler gives who is effective in the halfcourt.

19. Charlotte-Tyler Honeycutt, SF

Should've stayed in school but I still him having success on the next level. Gives Bobcats another SF option after the loss of Gerald Wallace.

20. Minnesota-Markieff Morris, PF

Best available as Marcus' twin does the free fall.

21. Portland-Tristan Thompson, PF

Another free faller who will work well here as the Blazers have no backup for Lamarcus Aldridge.

22. Denver-Deandre Liggins, 2G

I'm going way out on a limb on this one but if the Nugz are tired of JR's antics and want to go with a 2G sleeper, this could be the guy.

23. Houston-Lucas Noguera, C

Another sleeper who may not even be eligible for the draft but has long term upside and could develop overseas for a couple years.

24. Oklahoma City-Kenneth Faried, PF

Another tough guy that Brooks and Presti will love.

25. Boston-Marshon Brooks, 2G

Local guy from Providence gives the Celtics backcourt depth.

26. Dallas-Trey Thompkins, PF

Listed as PF but likes to shoot from deep and Dallas likes to spread the floor so he works out here.

27. New Jersey-Jeremy Tyler, PF

Finally coming into his own and gives the Nets a long term guy to go with their core of young players.

28. Chicago-Josh Selby, PG/2G

Good all around player and best available.

29. San Antonio-Keith Benson, C

Has been on the NBA radar forever. Gives the Spurs a good low post player to develop while Duncan heads to the twilight of his career.

30. Chicago-Nikola Vucevic, C

The Bulls hit a homerun the last time they took a USC player in Gibson so they go that route again. A very underrated college player who could be a factor in the league.