Pau Gasol

T21

I've been silent for quite some time, but since the Draft day trade scenarios are rapidly emerging, I wanted to post this one that crossed my mind...

Lakers send Pau Gasol and Matt Barnes to us for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams (it works on ESPN Trade Machine)

Hawks depth chart

C Gasol / Zaza

PF Al / Gasol

SF Barnes / JJ / Wilkins / pick

SG JJ / Crawford

PG Hinrich / Teague

Lakers depth chart (not that I'm so interested...)

C Bynum...

PF Smoove / Odom

SF Artest / Marv

SG Kobe / Brown

PG Fisher / Blake

This move makes us more fundamentally sound basketball team and improves our BB IQ. It gives us low post threat and an excellent passer. Next move would obviously go in direction of signing best available shooters... Gasol would instantly share number 1 option with JJ and I think it could work well...

Lakers are obviously looking for some answers and it looks like they also want to get more defensive minded, tougher, younger and more athletic...

P.S. Gasol's stock has never been lower after sub-par playoffs showing and we should try to use this opportunity.

I've been silent for quite some time, but since the Draft day trade scenarios are rapidly emerging, I wanted to post this one that crossed my mind...

Lakers send Pau Gasol and Matt Barnes to us for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams (it works on ESPN Trade Machine)

Hawks depth chart

C Gasol / Zaza

PF Al / Gasol

SF Barnes / JJ / Wilkins / pick

SG JJ / Crawford

PG Hinrich / Teague

Lakers depth chart (not that I'm so interested...)

C Bynum...

PF Smoove / Odom

SF Artest / Marv

SG Kobe / Brown

PG Fisher / Blake

This move makes us more fundamentally sound basketball team and improves our BB IQ. It gives us low post threat and an excellent passer. Next move would obviously go in direction of signing best available shooters... Gasol would instantly share number 1 option with JJ and I think it could work well...

Lakers are obviously looking for some answers and it looks like they also want to get more defensive minded, tougher, younger and more athletic...

P.S. Gasol's stock has never been lower after sub-par playoffs showing and we should try to use this opportunity.

I'd be all over this deal. Just not sure if LA would. I'd think they'd want Hinrich instead of Marvin since they really want a PG. I proposed something a few weeks back like Hinrich, Smith, and Marvin for Gasol, Artest, and Blake. Personally, I don't want Artest back, but I think this might be the deal that would improve us and get us the post presence we need.

Teague/Blake

Johnson/Crawford

Artest/Wilkins

Gasol/???

Horford/Pachulia/Collins

Hinrich/Fisher

Bryant/Brown

Williams/Barnes

Smith/Odom

Bynum

That's a deal I think LA does simply to get a PG back and especially to move Artest. Now the question is, would Atlanta do it?

Edited by Dragitoff

I'd be all over this deal. Just not sure if LA would. I'd think they'd want Hinrich instead of Marvin since they really want a PG. I proposed something a few weeks back like Hinrich, Smith, and Marvin for Gasol, Artest, and Blake. Personally, I don't want Artest back, but I think this might be the deal that would improve us and get us the post presence we need.

Teague/Blake

Johnson/Crawford

Artest/Wilkins

Gasol/???

Horford/Pachulia/Collins

Hinrich/Fisher

Bryant/Brown

Williams/Barnes

Smith/Odom

Bynum

That's a deal I think LA does simply to get a PG back and especially to move Artest. Now the question is, would Atlanta do it?

I think you're right about Lakers' need for PG upgrade and they would probably want Hinrich as a part of the deal.

I also strongly believe that LA will make more changes... First, by surprise they hired Brown (who is more defensive minded coach) and they will look for tougher, athletic players... That's our chance!