• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm impressed with Milwaukee....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Not that they will win it all. But I'm impressed with their moves of Late.

They totally got rid of the old regime.

Cassell, Allen, and Big Dog gone.

Karl Gone.

A. Mason, Caffey Gone.

They brought in Terry Porter and TJ Ford.

I think now, they have a reality that will work better than what they had before. They have gotten rid of everything that was keeping them from being unified and they have built around a young gaurd with a lot of promise.

I suspect the lineup will be:

Ford, D. Mason, TThomas, Haslip, and Smith...

I think that Kukoc will come in and provide leadership...

But look for the future to be these 5 above with maybe Gadzurich playing a big role too.

They just might make the playoffs depending on Ford.

D - I would wager (haven't checked stats, minutes etc.) that they're playing the younger guys quite a bit this preseason in order to attain chemistry and figure out what they're going to do with Redd/Mason/Kukoc/TT ~ they've really got a log jam and may go with a purely small ball lineup at times with Gads being their C (he runs the floor well) and TT or TK being the PF...much like what Miami (before Butler had surgery) and the Magic are going to do...

a) they won't be contending for the playoffs this year, though you're right in that they've done a nice job of completely rebuilding on the fly and have now assembled what could be, emphasis on could, a nice nucleus. With the exception of TK, Gads, and Ford the young core has been in the L a little bit now and have playoff experience...

b) more and more teams in the East are playing small ball...though the NBA in general is moving this way, the East is doing it with shorter players (in general ~ aka, not Dirk, Peja, R. Wallace type players).

this should really benefit the Hawks if they piece together some chemistry, roles, and an offensive scheme...Reef's game is excellent here, if used correctly.

I could write more, but this is getting long...

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Ford, DMason, TT, Toni, and Smith as their everyday lineup...

Slowing bleeding in Haslip, Gadz, and Redd as key reserves....

I think they would want Toni on the floor with Ford for the first part of the season. However, as their needs change and Ford becomes more accoustomed to handling the offense...

Ford, DD, TT, Haslip, and Smith...

I think Smith has more vet experience than Gadz right now... BUT Gadz will be a buck for life. I also believe that this is TT's chance to shine. He's the vet voice in the lockerroom. Porter ought to give Toni and TT a lot of opportunity to be leaders. IF TT doesn't do well this time, he will probably be shipped off for what they can get thus completing the major overhaul.