• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Team is Not Good At All

RebuildtheHawks

Now I have been a fan of the Hawks for a long time, and it just gets annoying to see the same thing year after year.

Firstly, where is the teamwork? The Hawks have some good games where they share the ball, and distribute it almost perfectly, but that is very rare to see. A lot of them take stupid jump shots that they absolutely don't need to take. Most of our team is better once they attack the basket, not shooting jump shots. I want to jump off my couch when I see Joe taking some stupid jumper that he made hard himself. Not to mention this team is not good at jump shooting consistency. They'll make a few, but not enough to ever impact the game.

I'm also going to say that Josh Smith is the best player on this team. I might be alone on these boards when saying this, but it's true, and if I was him I would want to leave most definitely. This organization is obviously fine with this mediocrity and disgrace night after night, while Josh wants to win a championship. It won't be long until we are rebuilding, and we need to be. I haven't even spoken on how we are paying Joe Johnson elite money, but he's not even playing better than Josh. He can't carry the team. When he was out, everything was going smoothly, and I know you guys saw it too. We were competing with good teams, and beating them. We should have beaten Miami, but the refs were obviously plotting against us.

And then there's the fact that whoever made the schedules gave us one of the hardest stretches I have ever seen. I know it was a lockout and all, but I have yet to see Miami on a 6 game road trip flying from state to state every night. It's ridiculous.

Then there is how this team is very sloppy and undisciplined. They throw passes they shouldn't, and try to do extra flashy crap when they don't need to. A lot of people bash Josh for shooting jumpers, even though he has gotten progressively better with them, but other players are shooting dumb shots too. I'm going to throw it out there and say Stackhouse and Marvin are very useless players. I have hardly ever seen them make a big play. Kirk is having a bad season, but he had a great game againsts the Nuggets and his injury could be effecting him, so I won't say much.

The last thing I wanted to speak on is Larry Drew. He is not a better coach that Woodson. All he does is make stupid *ss faces on the side of the court, and is one of the worst situational coaches I have ever seen. I'm not saying Woody is better than him, I'm just saying they both really suck as coaches, and hiring Larry Drew as HC was not a good move. He doesn't have this team ready on a regular basis, and he doesn't know how to take control of his team either. Let's be honest. He is not going to bring this team a championship EVER so why bother?

The Hawks have no playmakers outside of Josh Smith this season, and that's ridiculous. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. This organization is dysfunctional, and horribly run and they have no heart or drive. The talent is there, it's all about how you use it. We are no different from teams at the bottom of the league right now. I'd rather not make the playoffs this season, and save ourselves the embarrassment. Many of you might argue about Horford's injury, but this team played well at the beginning of the year, at one point even leading the division, and now we are a sorry team that nobody fears when playing against us, and it's disgusting to watch this take place on the court each and every game. If it's not one thing it's something else. I have yet to see the Hawks have a solid game. We will never be able to compete with the Bulls, Heat, or the other elite teams in the league. It's time to tear it down and start again. This team should have been sold during the offseason.

/rant