• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is what contenders do.

Wretch

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson, hits the long ball, hits the floater, doesn't hold onto the ball...moves the ball.

Josh Smith, does it on both ends, GIVES the ball up in transition and DOES NOT force the shots.

Jeff Teague breaks down the defense, DOES NOT shoot air balls, finishes at the rim...makes his free throws.

Marvin Williams DOES NOT disappear. He plays hard defense and he MAKES those open 3's.

Al Horford DOES NOT disappear, DOES NOT get intimidated, but MAKES his presence felt, MAKES that 15' shot, and INTIMIDATES the opposition.

When it gets close, or we are ahead and they make a run, or something is generally NOT working...Larry Drew makes THE RIGHT CALL.

We win the game. This is what contenders do. Everybody knows who the ball belongs to. Everybody knows who needs the shots. There are no egos, no arguments, nothing but teamwork, 125% hustle, and NO f***ing QUITTING.

This is SPORT. This is COMPETITION. This is BATTLE...a war of wills...where the warriors stand up. Where the gladiators shine... People cheer for the great ones. They follow the great ones. They watch as the great ones stand over the pretenders. Arm raised in victory.

They don't come out to see the great ones roll over the pretenders. They come to see the best of the best throw down. For whatever reason, we have always been that team to lay down and allow the better men to use our team as a stepping stone. We are the forgotten JOBBER in pro wrestling.

Don't tell me I'm not a fan....just because after almost 30 damn years, I'm tired of watching the ONLY team in professional sports that I care about get their asses handed to them. They don't deserve my fervor and excitement for getting the blade rammed down their throat.

Nobody wants to see that shit. We want to see WINS. Quality WINS.

Who will show up tonight? Hmm??? Blowout??? Gutsy and understaffed like we were in game 3???

I've seen us win in the regular season, I've seen us beat GREAT teams a few times in the playoffs. I want to see MORE and nobody in here should be expecting less.

Let's see who shows up tonight. Will they embarrass us or make us proud?

I WANT THEM TO SHOW ME SOMETHING TO SCREAM ABOUT. I want a damn win. Not a bunch of bullshit ass excuses or excuse makers. Anyone with a welfare mentality can sit here and pat these guys on the back.

I want a team that makes the green shirts, hats, and jerseys AFRAID to show up in our home.

I am an ATLANTA HAWKS FAN want a damn WIN tonight and a win in ATL.

Now....will I get it?