• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its nearly impossible for the Nets to get D12 and now they are going after the Bucks IIyasova!

JTB

The Nets are impossible they put their selves in a huge hole thanks to Billy King taking on Johnsons Contract and giving D Will a huge contract and GW a Huge contract. The only way this team gets D12 or even the Buck Ilaysova is Humpries or Lopez helping them out!

Even reading from the Nets own local journal constitution netsdaily.com it says Lopez can even demand a 5 year 65 million deal or 4 year 50 million deal! There is no way in hell the nets can get D12 unless David Stern is behind it making it happen!

The Nets cant even afford IIyasova who was offered a 40 million contract over 5 years!

what makes them think they can afford D12 or IIyasova for the long term or that thir own payer Lopez and Humpries including teams in the NBA want to help them out so bad?!

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/4/3137805/woj-nets-after-howard-or-ilyasova

Woj: Nets After Howard or Ilyasova

Posted Image by <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/users/Net%20Income">Net Income on Jul 4, 2012 7:20 PM EDT in Brooklyn

Posted Image

Adreian Wojnarowski reports that the Nets are following a two-track strategy as they try to finish free agency with (another) bang. While discussing a trade for Dwight Howard, they are simultaneously pursuing Ersan Ilyasova. While Ilyasova likes the Nets, acquiring him will be difficult.

Woj offers nothing new on the Howard trade talks which were reportedly renewed Monday night when Orlando GM Rob Hennigan called Billy King, but he provides new details on the status of the Ilyasova discussions.

Short of a deal for Howard, the Nets are searching for a third team to take their own free agent, Kris Humphries, as part of a sign-and-trade scenario with the Bucks. The third team would potentially be rewarded with future draft picks from the Nets for taking on Humphries. Milwaukee could end up with a trade exception for future use.

So far, however, the Bucks are resisting going along with anything that jeopardizes their ability to re-sign Ilyasova. Woj also said Brook Lopez "could command a five-year, $65 million-plus deal from the Nets, and perhaps as much as four years and $50 million on the market as a restricted free agent." He said the two sides have yet to engage in "serious" discussions pending the outcome of Dwight Howard talks.

I will say this if the Nets get D12 or IIyasova, there is some fishy things about the NBA and this new cba! I have never seen a team with 2 huge max players and 3 other maxed players or half maxed players in the starting lineup?

I hope the nets sign IIyasova then D12 would have to come to ATL! cause he would feel betrayed more than likely! lol so im pushing IIyasova to the nets big time!

Everyone who thinks the lottery is rigged and that Stern is cheating to get players to certain teams is crazy. I agree that the Chris Paul thing was fishy, but those were special circumstances, and there wasn't anything illegal about what happened. Rigging the lottery or changing the salary cap rules to allow teams to sign more players is a completely different story. Do you really think Stern would risk the future of the NBA to allow Dwight Howard to play for the Nets or to allow the Hornets to draft Anthony Davis? It would be beyond stupid. I'm pretty sure he could go to jail for something like that.

• Like 1

Everyone who thinks the lottery is rigged and that Stern is cheating to get players to certain teams is crazy. I agree that the Chris Paul thing was fishy, but those were special circumstances, and there wasn't anything illegal about what happened. Rigging the lottery or changing the salary cap rules to allow teams to sign more players is a completely different story. Do you really think Stern would risk the future of the NBA to allow Dwight Howard to play for the Nets or to allow the Hornets to draft Anthony Davis? It would be beyond stupid. I'm pretty sure he could go to jail for something like that.

There is no "real evidence" to support any conspiracy theory that the tin-hats toss out for Stern and rigging this or that in the NBA. There is only their lack of happiness with desired results and a crafty ability to take circumstances and insert their own storyline to create a fantasy that suits their disgruntled nature. But, it's fun to live in fantasy when reality sucks sometimes. I just choose to read books or watch movies that I know from the beginning are fiction.

It's not a conspiracy theory to say that the NBA favors certain so-called big market teams, as we have witnessed so often...IMO, the only other offer that can rival ours is the one Lakers can present to the Magic.Nets could go after Dwight with Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, draft picks and hope they don't exceed hard cap... I'm sure that Ruskie billionaire doesn't mind payin lux. tax at all...