• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remember Woodson and Acie Law ?

Gray Mule

Woodson would play our young PG for a few minutes, then, as soon as he messedup, he was sent to the bench and there he stayed, maybe for several games.Our new GM assured Jeff Teague that he was our starting PG this season. So,Drew must start him. But, remember, he learned under the wing of Mike W. If youryoung PG makes a couple of bad plays, bench him for the rest of the game aspunishment. Make him sit.Since JT has been told, "You're the starting PG" and you can't go back on this, hegets to start the next game, unlike Acie Law, who rode the bench for game after game.We know what has happened to Acie Law. Beaten down until now he can't get back up. Drew has learned well.++

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

I love Teague's game but he needs to stop trying to dish the ball while in the paint. Several of his turnovers last night were pass attempts in a crowded paint. Gotta go inside out.

u gonna blame him for trying to get better as a passer? last night was the first game where he was turning the ball over like that, he just kept losing the handle when he tried to pass. If it continues then yes it can be a problem. even though other guys on the team do it all the flipping time and never get punished for it.
  • Like 1

Teague does make some turnovers that you sit and think he has no business making because he should have protected the simple plays by now but even when he does those things correctly he is not rewarded with playing time, but let him do those things wrong he gets punished. That is my point. He can't do enough right but any wrong he does gets a real bad reaction. I just don't see the point of this continuing it is not healthy for any of the parties.

• Premium Member

u gonna blame him for trying to get better as a passer? last night was the first game where he was turning the ball over like that, he just kept losing the handle when he tried to pass. If it continues then yes it can be a problem. even though other guys on the team do it all the flipping time and never get punished for it.

As I have said, I LOVE TEAGUE'S GAME. I really do and I hate LD for getting him benched so early and often. But those passes were horrible. Zaza and IVAN being unaware of the assist possibility didn't help as well, so perhaps I'm putting too much stock in those TOs. We'll see.