• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since when did Bazemore turn into Michael Jordan

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably 'round the same time Al turned into Elgin Baylor (hehe). :cool:

I'm just messin' with you, Supers.  You know half of us are watching you to see when you'll crack under the Al-to-OKC, BOS, etc. pressure.

You ain't wrong on Baze tho.  2016 free agency officially jumped the shark at about 12:02 last night.

I'm kind of glad the Hawks are waiting for the fervor to die down.  Seems like a lot of these crazy contracts are happening right away.

Parsons?  Mozgov?  Dummond?  Whiteside?

I hope this isn't the direction we're going in the next few years but we could be.  My hunch though is a lot of these teams are going to be pretty unhappy with their cap situation in a year or two.

I think the Parsons contract definitely set Baze's level.  He is a better offensive player but Baze provides better D.

When Bazemore came here, he was a towel waving bench supporter.

He averaged 11 points last season, and to me, was our 5th or 6th best player (also due to the fact he played consistent minutes as compared to a THJR who could average the same numbers).

Now 20 mil a year? If the Hawks re-sign him as the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player on the team, they are dumb.

I think Baze was our 4th best player this year, because Teague was injured and wasn't very consistent, but I agree that he isn't worth 20. Even with the cap going crazy I wouldn't pay him more than 12 to stay. We can spend that money elsewhere and help someone else become the next Baze.

• Like 1