• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rudy Gay (Hear Me Out) & Others

TheFuzz

Splitter/Scott for Gay/Papagiannis

Yes, Rudy Gay went down for the season with a torn Achilles. Nasty injury. He'll probably opt in to his (fairly) reasonable deal at about $13.5M, and he might never get back to what he was. So why do the deal?

Basically, if we plan on resigning Millsap and letting Thabo go we have barely any cap space, a TAD more than the MLE if I'm not mistaken. So, in an effort to build more assets, we just claim the MLE and trade our expiring for Gay. IF Gay ever gets close to what he once was, he'll be a great 6th man for us at the 3/4. If he doesn't, he's expiring, and we still have the MLE to bring in another player (I got my eye on Motiejunas). We also get Papagiannis (C prospect) for taking on the deal while Sacramento clears some capspace.

Then we can resign Millsap and Thabo, with Gay and Prince hopefully upgrading the talent level at the wing. I'd also look to deal Dunleavy's expiring plus a second for Lou Williams to shore up our backup PG situation. Spend the MLE on Motiejunas, draft someone nice with our pick and here's our team...

Shredder/Lou/Delaney

Tim/Bazemore/Bembry

Thabo/Prince

Millsap/Gay/Muscala

Howard/Motiejunas/Papagiannis

and a 1st rounder.

So... what you are basicly saying is we should commit to somewhere around a 144m salary next year...  keep dreaming.

I'll put my predictions on salaries next year (roughly)..

Schröder - 15

Williams - 7

Delaney - 2.5

THJ - 15

Baze - 16.5

Bembry - 2

Thabo - 5

Prince - 2

Millsap - 30

Gay - your "modest" 13.5

Muscala - 6 (or more)

Howard - 23

Montj - 5 (MLE)

PapaJohns - 1.5

1st Rder - 1.5

21 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Splitter/Scott for Gay/Papagiannis

Yes, Rudy Gay went down for the season with a torn Achilles. Nasty injury. He'll probably opt in to his (fairly) reasonable deal at about $13.5M, and he might never get back to what he was. So why do the deal?

Basically, if we plan on resigning Millsap and letting Thabo go we have barely any cap space, a TAD more than the MLE if I'm not mistaken. So, in an effort to build more assets, we just claim the MLE and trade our expiring for Gay. IF Gay ever gets close to what he once was, he'll be a great 6th man for us at the 3/4. If he doesn't, he's expiring, and we still have the MLE to bring in another player (I got my eye on Motiejunas). We also get Papagiannis (C prospect) for taking on the deal while Sacramento clears some capspace.

Then we can resign Millsap and Thabo, with Gay and Prince hopefully upgrading the talent level at the wing. I'd also look to deal Dunleavy's expiring plus a second for Lou Williams to shore up our backup PG situation. Spend the MLE on Motiejunas, draft someone nice with our pick and here's our team...

Shredder/Lou/Delaney

Tim/Bazemore/Bembry

Thabo/Prince

Millsap/Gay/Muscala

Howard/Motiejunas/Papagiannis

and a 1st rounder.

If we are not trading Millsap I would prefer to trade Splitter and Scott's expiring contract along with our picks owed from other teams to upgrade the roster for the playoffs.

On 2/14/2017 at 7:24 PM, Dlb731 said:

So... what you are basicly saying is we should commit to somewhere around a 144m salary next year...  keep dreaming.

I'll put my predictions on salaries next year (roughly)..

Schröder - 15

Williams - 7

Delaney - 2.5

THJ - 15

Baze - 16.5

Bembry - 2

Thabo - 5

Prince - 2

Millsap - 30

Gay - your "modest" 13.5

Muscala - 6 (or more)

Howard - 23

Montj - 5 (MLE)

PapaJohns - 1.5

1st Rder - 1.5

We could unload some salary if need be, not resign muscle, etc. Thanks for being so polite though!

On 2/14/2017 at 7:29 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

If we are not trading Millsap I would prefer to trade Splitter and Scott's expiring contract along with our picks owed from other teams to upgrade the roster for the playoffs.

This is for next year's playoffs, but I guess Love going down could give us a shot this year if he stays out