• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's your NFL wild card weekend winners? Here are mine fwiw............................

sturt

• Premium Member

Niners (-9.5) brought back down to earth, but eek out a 3 point win over Seahawks.

Chargers (-1.5) by 1 over the Jags.

Bills (-11) roll over Dolf's team by 13.

Giants (+3) I believe are a popular pick for the upset for good reason, as Vikes have never been as good as their record all season. (Hey! I'm a poet that don't know it!) NY by 6.

Bengals (-6.5) by 17 over Ravens and their toothless offense.

And Bucs (+3) vs. Big D is hard to figure because my Cowboys have three key players getting back from injury, and if one trusts that those players are, indeed, 100%, the team should get back to being who they were before this last month of the season when they've mostly played like crap with the exception of the 4th quarter against IND.

I do not. I've never heard of a player in any sport recovering from a high ankle sprain in the space of 3 weeks (ie, our starting center), and that's why I can't persuade myself to believe the offensive production is going to be back to being fabulous. I do, on the other hand, have a good feeling about the defensive side where the starting DT-1 and MLB are coming back.

That said... Brady will continue to pitch the career-long shut out that he has vs DAL, but it will be more about DAL's offensive shortcomings than TB's offensive success. TB gets a critical turnover in the second half with America's Team leading 13-9... and once more... sends Jerry Jones and the rest of us home with excruciating disappointment.

TB 16 DAL 13. *ugh*

I'm not alone, of course, in my skepticism that this team will conquer its demons... but at least some of us have a sense of humor about it.......... hehe....

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who-do-you-think-will-win-the-cowboys-vs-buccaneers-game-and-by-how-much.506129/page-5#post-12498544

2023-01-14_12-06-54.png

• Premium Member
On 1/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, sturt said:

Niners (-9.5) brought back down to earth, but eek out a 3 point win over Seahawks.

Chargers (-1.5) by 1 over the Jags.

As too often is the case... I was wrong in the particulars, though not in the generalities necessarily... but wrong nonetheless.

Niners were brought back down to earth, yes. But only for one half.

And. Did I say Chargers by 1? Surely I meant Jags by 1. Surely.