• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta's First Place Falcons !!

Gray Mule

• Moderators

What a game!!

Oh sorry, i left out a word

What a terrible game!!

We tried to give it away and Tampa wouldn't take it.  Still though we hung tough especially on D and the greatest Falcon of the last 3 years crushed a 50 yarder to win!  I'll take it. 

• Like 2

I know Mort is in the HOF, so at least Koo should be in the Ring of Honor, he's the main one producing on offense. I'm loving they have a top 10 defense, they hadn't played any all-pros, but  didn't make those guys look like they were so far.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

@macdaddy  Come get your boy Aurthur Smith.  His play calling is.........

giphy.gif

Run trick plays on the 1 yard line? Pitts blocking for Smith? Where is Bijan Robinson - 11 carries? And none in the red Zone? that can't be right.

He needs to stop trying to be too cute, fancy and complicated and just play 1, 2, 3 football.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@macdaddy  Come get your boy Aurthur Smith.  His play calling is.........

giphy.gif

Run trick plays on the 1 yard line? Pitts blocking for Smith? Where is Bijan Robinson - 11 carries? And none in the red Zone? that can't be right.

He needs to stop trying to be too cute, fancy and complicated and just play 1, 2, 3 football.

Agree.  that was ugly.  Defense gets the offense the ball on teh damn one yard line and we end up kicking a field goal.  that can't happen.  Say what you want about Mariota but he gave us a helluva a run game to try to stop.  We're going to be looking for a QB in the offseason.  I'm not writing off Ridder but guys like Dobbs are just floating around the league.  I don' tsee the point of investing 2-3 seasons in the hopes of Ridder being something when he's shown poor ability to pass downfield and lot of questionable decision making. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Agree.  that was ugly.  Defense gets the offense the ball on teh damn one yard line and we end up kicking a field goal.  that can't happen.  Say what you want about Mariota but he gave us a helluva a run game to try to stop.  We're going to be looking for a QB in the offseason.  I'm not writing off Ridder but guys like Dobbs are just floating around the league.  I don' tsee the point of investing 2-3 seasons in the hopes of Ridder being something when he's shown poor ability to pass downfield and lot of questionable decision making. 

Why are we not using Bijan in the red zone....read somewhere he has only had 1 carry in the red zone all year???? Why draft him.that high if we aren't using it when it matters most.

Why are we not running the ball? I get it teams will be geared to stop the run, but why not make them actually prove they can stop run instead of automatically conceding it.

I am so confused by this offense.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why are we not using Bijan in the red zone....read somewhere he has only had 1 carry in the red zone all year???? Why draft him.that high if we aren't using it when it matters most.

Why are we not running the ball? I get it teams will be geared to stop the run, but why not make them actually prove they can stop run instead of automatically conceding it.

I am so confused by this offense.

I got no answers.  Whatever we are doing it ain't good

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Falcons remain in 1st place!  Thank you, Detroit.  Your victory over the Saints means Atlanta has a full game lead over the Bucs and the Saints.  Falcons defense carried the day as they squeaked by the NY Jets.

:smug:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Crazy to think we might make the playoffs.  It'd be nice.  Honestly the defense deserves it.  

It's kinda best case scenario for this young team to make the playoffs with a .500 record. Get some playoff experience AND still have decent selection in the draft to round out the roster. 

• Like 2

:ahf:

There is now a three-way tie for 1st place with only Carolina out of it.

Interception by Bucs accounted for 7 of their points and a fumble by the Atlanta QB for a safety gave them 2 more.  The always reliable Koo missed 2 field goals for -6 points.  Falcons lost by 4.

Desperation drive by the Falcons with seconds ticking down was great but time ran out. 

Too many injured players were part of the doom of the Falcons.  

Panthers will get a high pick in the next draft, not just the 1st round, but all rounds!  Whoever wins this division will very likely go out in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Gee!  Three teams, all with losing records.

😝

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

:ahf:

There is now a three-way tie for 1st place with only Carolina out of it.

Interception by Bucs accounted for 7 of their points and a fumble by the Atlanta QB for a safety gave them 2 more.  The always reliable Koo missed 2 field goals for -6 points.  Falcons lost by 4.

Desperation drive by the Falcons with seconds ticking down was great but time ran out. 

Too many injured players were part of the doom of the Falcons.  

Panthers will get a high pick in the next draft, not just the 1st round, but all rounds!  Whoever wins this division will very likely go out in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Gee!  Three teams, all with losing records.

😝

Who wants it least? That’s who should not get it… I mean get it… 

lions 🦁 flopped to the 🐻… again. We are 9-4 and 2 of those losses to the Bears. Go figure. 

Pro sports has a ton of ups and downs. Thrilling and annoying all at once! 😂 

• Like 1