• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Impressive so far? Sato? Harris?

Iman

Which potential Hawk draftees have impressed you so far in the tournament?

For our top pick:

Okafor is about the only person we can watch.

Mid first:

I'm still leaning towards one of the HS point guards. Jameer Nelson is sliding in my book, mostly just due to size but also turnovers. Other players listed around that pick level that I've watched so far havent impressed me either, including Iguodala, Humphries, especially not Jeffries of Stanford. Devin Harris maybe, he seems quick and with a good shot, decent size but really not a match with JT.

2nd Rounders:

I'd take Romain Sato for sure, I think he'll be a solid NBA contributor, especially if played at the 2 guard position. Not to sure about Freije, he had a nice game for Vandy but he seems soft, I'd still consider him if we're looking for a pick and roll PF I just know where we'd get rebounds. Mouton looks solid, McCants might fall to the second round but he's kinda small for a 2. I havent been impressed with Andre Emmett outta Texas Tech or Delonte Holland outta Depaul(he doesnt seem aggressive, does have size and talent). I'd be interested in Delonte West outta St Joe's if he comes out.

I have been impressed with Snyder out of Nevada. He has good size for the 2 guard and plays a very balanced controlled game. I suspect he may be a mid to late 1st rounder. I also really like Paul out of Wake. This guy has probably improved his stock to a late lottery pick. He has amazing quicks and is impossible to check when penetrating. He is also a good finisher for his size. Felton out of N.C. would also be worth a look with the 2nd 1st round pick. I am not impressed with the frontcourt players I have watched so far. I agree with your about Freije as a possible 2nd rounder though his game reminds me of our former 2nd rounder out of Utah. (Heck I can't remember his name).

I'm certainly no Freije expert, but I reckon I could give more insight on his game than anyone else on this board, having watched him all season.

He's going to get caught with the "tweener" label. Not fast enough to really be a 3 in the pros...but that's his game. He's got decent handles, can get his shot off well, though isn't particularly good at getting his own shot. Moves well without the ball.

it's hard to say how he'd blend into a system with players better than him, cause you just don't see it much here.

I agree on Freije. He's a tick better than Mottola in my opinion, which means he's good enough to be a backup small in the NBA. I don't think he brings anything that Jason Collier doesn't, though.

I like Kirk Snyder and Sato. Both are strong guards. Snyder is my fave of the 2.

Paul a lotto pick? Interesting. I don't think he'll actually go that high this year, but it's not impossible. He should wait another year. If he comes out, I believe that he would be an excellent choice with the Milwaukee pick. Then we'd just have to find somebody to take JT.

Those comments definitely are how I see Freije. I dont think he could play center, unless he played for Dallas, whereas Collier can but I think Freije's much quicker and a better shooter. Still a tweener for sure.

I havent watched Nevada yet but I'm sure I will this Friday. I actually liked Eddins I think his name was from UAB but I havent read anything rating him very draftable.

Us trading off all our frontcourt does leave us critically needing to draft help there. That means we better get Howard or Okafor or we're lottery bound again next year too. There's lotsa foreign bigmen available, maybe Billy Knight will find us a keeper among them?

Why take a copy when you can get the original Hanno grin.gif

Hanno's line from last night in Euroleague top 16 game: 22 pts (2p 6/11,3p 1/1,1p 7/7), 6 rbs (4 off!), 2 blk, 4 pf, 34.30 mins . His team Skipper Bologna won Olimpija Ljubljana 86-73. Not too bad for a guy who played his first full game after injury (middle finger) and who is now playing full time center as the 'real' center of Skipper Bologna is injured for the rest of the season. Bologna is a win away from Euroleague Final Four.

Report from the game: Skipper Bologna - Olimpija Ljubljana

Hanno still fouls too much and doesn't rebound well enough, but he has played pretty well this season, at least much better that I would have thought he would.