• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Resigning Sura and Jackson a good idea?

CBAreject

I think some of us have taken to this scrappy bunch, but we should remember that they lose the majority of the time. Some think that these close losses mean that the addition of one player while retaining the 'core' will merit a playoff berth next season.

We should understand why we lose these games, though. Sure, the rebounding could be better. However, the chief reason for our losses are a lousy shooting percentage.

Bob Sura and Jason Terry both shoot for low percentages, and a championship cannot be won this way. I argue that those two in the backcourt will not go far.

Stephen Jackson may be a different story. I like what he's doing. However, Sura and Terry cannot be our starting guards if we're to have championship aspirations.

It's been atestation all along that Terry can be kept only if we sign Kobe. With the way he's been playing recently, I'm even starting to rethink that mode of thinking. Otherwise, he's got to be packaged. In that same train of thought, I don't think SJax will sign here if we get a high draft pick (top two) and use it on Howard. He's ready to win now, not go through a rebuilding.

So much of our ability to sign FA's will depend on where we end up in the draft. If we somehow got or could package JT a pick guaranteeing Okafor, it'd show FA's that we're ready to win now, that while rebuilding, we've got players ready to go. Theyr'e not going to want to come here to play with someone like Howard. It would not nescessarily be bad to draft Howard, given the opportunity, but you've got to realize that it won't excite FA's.