• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why would Kobe stay with the Lakers if they lose?

Blunt91

I don't won't to get ahead of the game, but it looks likes the Lakers will get put out of the playoffs. They thought they had built the perfect team. Payton has lost a step and isn't what he used to be, Shaq refuses to come into training camp in shape therefore he doesn't always give a 100% on the floor, he gives maybe 60percent effort on the court. So with the Lakers not winning a title what reason is there for Kobe to come back? Phil Jackson might retire. Futhermore, if he leaves the Lakers why would he want to stay in the West conference? I would rather come to the east so I wouldn't have to battle teams like the Spurs, Kings, Timberwolves and a up&coming Denver Nuggets team. This makes me believe that the Hawks have a legitimate chance at getting Kobe. They might not be able to sign Stephen Jackson back but Kobe would be a nice start. I don't know who will be our next coach but Scott, Fratello, Rudy Tomjanovich and maybe Kenny Smith would spark some interest. My Pipe dream team for next year not considering Cap space would be this:

PG:Jason Terry SG: Kobe Brayant SF: Stephen Jackson PF:Kenyon Martin C: Joel Pryzbilla

I know that would leave us caped out but it is just a dream.

That series is going 7.....I don't see for the life of me why people think this Series is over. All San Antonio did was protect home court, which is what they were suppose to do.

I am not a Laker fan (I hate the Lakers), as a matter of fact I hope San Antonio beat the bricks out of them, but I do realize that this series is far far from over. There is too much hype on 2 games that were suppose to have those results.

Now if San Antonio wins game 3 then the hype about San Antonio killing and making the Lakers look bad is warranted, but it is way to early for that right now. People are acting as if this series is over??? I don't understand??

San Antonio is now heavy favorites. But personally, I can't count the Lakers out until they're dead, or at least down 3-0 or 3-1. Simply too much talent, too much will to win. Too much Kobe, Karl...and Shaq. I think you may see GP sitting a lot when the series goes back to SAN.

• Premium Member

It is WAY too early to call this one done, or even speculate about it. I think the only people who are worried are Malone and GP. *LOL* They'll be surprised, to see how well the team takes off right before their eyes. But until they lose game 3, it's still a series in my eyes.

On the matter at hand...

I don't think it really matters whether LA wins or loses this series. There is not enough room on that team for Kobe and Shaq (regardless of how many other stars they sign). I think one of those guys needs to go, and I believe Kobe knows it's him. Coming to Atlanta? Not to rebuild you can count on...and East or west probably makes no difference to him - dude just wants to win. It's the competition drives him. Put a team out there and hire the right coach, and maybe we've got a small chance.

Otherwise...

Quote:

That series is going 7.....I don't see for the life of me why people think this Series is over. All San Antonio did was protect home court, which is what they were suppose to do.

We will see how well the Lakers protect there home court. The Spurs work so well together they can beat just about anyone, and if they win the championship this season they deserve every ounce of credit for it. There coach is amazing, and he is about to bring his troops together as one.

The Lakers are in a very hard sitution, because say they win there home court, they still must go back to the Spurs!!

Spurs win the series with no questions asked.