• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can't we have our cake and eat it too?

TheDude

This JT trading business has gotten out of control. Before the draft alot of people(even the socalled experts) were saying we needed a point guard. All of last year they were saying it. Now we got a good point guard and all of a sudden we have two potential allstar point guards and no shooting guard. So why were we going for the point the whole time in the first place if that were the case?

When Dickau was drafted I was the happiest man on earth because I thought we got a good point guard and had a really really good young starting lineup of the future. The only concern was Theo's health at the center position.

Now I hear of our SMALL POSSIBILITY of losing JT because now we are small at the guard position. All of a sudden I'm worried about the team getting rid of some of our good young talent because of TOO MANY good point guards on our team.

Shouldn't we give our team a chance with the small lineup to see if they can step up their D. If after a couple of years we get to the playoffs but not the Finals, we make a blockbuster trade. But right now, I think we have a good team and should leave well enough alone. Email can start point until Dickau comes along and Jason can continue the small two guard that hasn't affected him so far..

Anybody else see what I'm talking about?

I agree with most of what you said, and it pains me to disagree with you on one point because I usaully agree with you whole heartedly Doc Hawk. But I disagree with your assumption that DD has All Star potential. However, I agree PG is not our weak position. Truth be known I think b/c of J.Kidd everyone is in the pure point gaurd fad. To all those people please note Pure point A.Miller had one of the worst teams in the leauge J.Kidd has never won agianst the West. And the Lakers barely even have a point. Fisher was a backup during their first championship in fact the Bulls didn't have a Point during their run . And the Spurs had a sorry one.

Actually come to think of it I am tired of fads in general , Big Gaurds fad, High Schooler fad, EuroTrash Fad(I REALLY HATE THIS ONE), and now the Pure point gaurd fad. J.Kidd is great but truth be known outside of this year has he ever won crap. NO. Kidd came to a team ripe with talent and got credit for Byron Scotts great coaching.

PS. I am not trashing Kidd he is top 15 no doubt, but I'm tired of his new second coming staus amoung posters. Championships are won through proper execution of a good plan not emulating everything that ever works.