• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haslem article

hds428

Pretty good read. I like this guy's determination to make it. He could be alot like Barkley, in that he's undersized but still plays his position well. Does he have the skills though to overcome the size issue and be another Barkley? Hopefully we'll get to see.

BOSTON - Udonis Haslem, at 6-9, has always been considered small. Going from Miami Senior High to the University of Florida, Haslem was considered too small to be a center in the SEC. But Haslem proved any doubters wrong, finishing his college career as an All-American and the player with the most wins in Gators history with 97. Yet Haslem found himself without a team after June's NBA draft. The reasoning the same as before: Haslem was undersized to play in the NBA post. ''Part of me was happy that he went undrafted because when you get to the second round you might get drafted by a team and not have a chance to make the team,'' Florida coach Billy Donovan said. ``I was a little bit surprised because of the career he had and the things he had done. `But, it's a business and these NBA teams have to do what's best for them.''

The Atlanta Hawks decided to take a chance on the player Donovan calls one of the best he has ever coached by inviting him to join their summer-league squad. So far, the experiment has paid off. Haslem is averaging seven points and six rebounds this week at the Shaw's Summer Basketball League...."

read the whole thing here.