• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard says Orlando or The Hawks

KB21

http://www.ajc.com/sunday/content/epaper/e...f5f1880035.html

Quote:

"I'm hearing two places --- Orlando and the Hawks," the Southwest Atlanta Christian star said Saturday at a pre-draft media session. "Orlando in my left ear and the Hawks in my right ear. Both places are home. They're in the South. It's warm."

Quote:

The Hawks hold the sixth pick in the draft, too low to draft the gifted 6-foot-10, 240-pound phenom. But general manager Billy Knight has informed the Howard family that he is doing everything he can to move up and help Howard remain in Atlanta.

Quote:

The Hawks also have the No. 17 pick in the first round and three second-round picks, but they don't have much else to offer in a deal. With a roster of only four players, they might need to involve another team to work out a trade with the Clippers --- or even Orlando.

"He's got a lot of ability and a lot of upside," Knight said of Howard. "Being a local guy is a good bonus."

Now, this is the interesting part, IMO. Jaywalker had an article about the Hawks talking to the Bulls about the 3rd pick. Now, this article mentions that Atlanta may have to get a third team involved. Could that third team be the Bulls, with the Clippers getting the 3rd pick? I believe the Clippers are gunning for Ben Gordon, and they have to be in front of the Bobcats to get him, IMO. Dropping down to three will ensure they get him.

• Premium Member

"Don't draft me."

He wants to play for the Hawks. There is no doubt about that. Orlando is mentioned because Okafor is being penciled into the #1 spot and if the Hawks can't work out a deal for him then he could end up jammed into the Clippers roster. There is also the possiblity that he shows more promise than any of the Clips PF prospects...

Dwight doesn't want anything to do with the Clippers besides passing through their draft selection on the way to a Hawks jersey.