• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ron Artest?

jezmund

Supposedly the Pacers are shopping Ron Artest. I know this has something to do with his attitude b/c as a player he has done a lot for them. Would you guys do this deal? (Only if Artest's attitude checked out OK with BK)

JT/#17 for Artest

Build around....

Jameer Nelson

Ron Artest

Kenyon Martin

That is one tough way to start rebuilding.... we would just need a scorer at SG. Kobe? hahha

Nelson/Kobe/Artest/Martin/???

I guess when I compare JT to Artest, I look at the fact that Artest could put up the same #'s JT could but he would do it on a winning team. Maybe Indiana's assistant Mike Brown is a leader for the job. We'd become a defensive team which would be good IMO. If we are gonna win in the Eastern Conference, we have to be able to play against Detroit, Indiana and NJ. I think Artest is a better 'basketball' player than JT so I just thought I'd throw the pick in there. If we could get Artest for just JT, that would be great.

I've been telling you guys that Artest is CRAZY for years. Look at this excerpt taken from the NY Daily News:

"The Pacers are trying desperately to trade Artest, a St. John's product from Queensbridge, who suffered several meltdowns in the playoffs. According to a league source, the Pacers spent an hour trying to convince Artest to get on the team plane after their Game 4 loss at Miami in the second round. Artest wanted to remain in Miami with his wife before finally boarding the plane.

In final minutes of the Pacers' Game 6 loss to Detroit, Artest picked up a costly flagrant foul when he forearmed Richard Hamilton in the face. After the series, Artest skipped his exit interview with Larry Bird."

All that being said, Artest is a terrific talent and if he wasn't crazy, JT/#17 for Artest is MORE than fair. I just don't know that I would want to rebuild around a crazy man. I'll tell you one thing though. I'd MUCH rather do that than trade JT for Harpring/#14. Neither Harpring nor #14 are likely to ever be All Stars and although Artest is crazy, he is an All Star.