Summer League Stuff

Traceman

I've been browsing around looking at some of the summer league stats and its funny how much better Lonnie Baxter has played than Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry and how much better Carlos Boozer has played than Desagana Diop. The highschoolers might be better some day but that day is obviously not here yet.

Also, the questions I had about Jay Williams' ability to run the point at this level have still not been answered. Thus far in 3 games, he is averaging a respectable 13 ppg on 44% shooting but he is averaging a HORRIBLE 2.7 apg versus an even worse 5.3 topg. On the otherhand, Jamal Crawford is looking more like the PG while averaging 13 ppg on 40% shooting and 5.5 apg versus 3.0 topg.

No question, the high schoolers are going to be behind the more experienced rookie players who spent a few years in school.

The same arguments used for DerMarr certainly apply to Curry, Chandler, and Diop....

I think they will lean heavily on Crawford to run that offense as Jay breaks into the league. Time will tell if that role arrangement holds up...