• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson interview on 680

Iman

Coach Woodson was live on 680 the Fan with Buck and Kincaid taday. I missed some of the interview, caught about 10 minutes total. I came in right after a direct question about Kenyon but heard him pretty much seem to say he liked Kenyon alot but he seemed to imply we were still looking for players that fit our system, he definitely didnt seem to imply he expected us to get Kenyon at this point or whether management had even made an offer.

I missed part of that question/answer, but everything after that was much clearer. Coach Woodson had this slow, deep tone but he didnt seem to hide his meanings like Billy Knight. He pretty much said he thinks JT is a 2 and he'll have to learn to do things much like Chauncey Billups did IF he wants to be part of this team. He brought up Hendu a few times and said we had enough young pieces on this team and now needed more experienced clubhouse leader type players, especially in the frontcourt of course.

Coach Woodson said he watched the Hawks draft closely and thought BK did a great job considering. He liked the Josh's but a few times said they really had "no idea how to play the NBA game." Woodson was asked what type/size point guard he was looking for and Diaw was mentioned by the questioner. Coach mentioned he's really only seen the new Hawks once or so but he did seem to like Royal Ivey, although he had a little problem with his name. He coached Eric Snow at Philli and said Ivey was more athletic and seemed to have better form on his shot.

Overall Coach Woodson seemed to give straight forward answers and seemed prepared to work 7 days a week to get the Hawks ready. I liked what I heard.