• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game Report - The Shoot Brothers

Inside_Man

Here's some random thoughts from last nights game.

The Hawks need perimeter scoring. The problem now is that there's no production from The Shoot Brothers. Now I'll give a pass to Can't Shoot, as he's just a rookie and I think he needs minutes and he got some last night (27). But ultimately, the Hawks will need him to knock down jumpers. The other brother, Doesn't Shoot, just makes me frustrated to watch. I like so much of the rest of his game, but watching him pass up good looks just leaves fans scratching their heads. It seems that both Can't Shoot and Doesn't Shoot have mental blocks on putting the ball up. It should be a priorty of Hawks coaching to turn these guys into perimeter threats.

Toine had a terrible game last night. Is he hurting? He seemed to have trouble moving and his 36 minutes played were light for him (that's fine with me). His 4-16 from the field is a disgrace. Note, the Hawks decent second quarter run was made with Toine on the bench. I don't think he's a long term piece of this puzzle.

Ahhh - Smooove. Well he put on quite a show. The kid has great gifts. But it would be good for him to get a dependable mid-range jump shot for those times when his path to the hoop isn't so clear. The refs robbed him on one goaltending call where it was a clear block.

The Hawks are going nowhere until they have a defensive presence in the center. It's just pathetic. I like Drobby, but he should be a backup center getting regular minutes off the bench. The Hawks spent some time playing without a center, which makes some sense in that there's no use in pretending to have something you don't have, but on the other hand you aren't going to win without a five on the floor.

For the blazers, Darius 'Pharoah' Miles impressed me a lot. (he looks like a pharoah with that beard). He spent a lot of time above the rim, especially when Smoove wasn't on the floor.

"For the blazers, Darius 'Pharoah' Miles impressed me a lot. (he looks like a pharoah with that beard). He spent a lot of time above the rim, especially when Smoove wasn't on the floor. "

It's interesting that you say that, because I have become a big Miles fan since last year. A lot of people have an impression of him as a one-dimensional type player and that is completely untrue.

I hate making excuses for Antoine BUT Having played against good SHOTBLOCKERS in 2 consecutive games (Houston followed by Portland) could have something to do with him struggling....

Don't slam him yet....Let's see if he struggles without any legit shotblockers and then you can destroy him.

Walker has had 2 bad games in a Hawks uniform.

Taking one game and calling him out isn't fair. I heard he is hurt anyway but we will see.

Walker only shot 3 times in the forth quarter and he made one of them as a tip back off a Smith miss.

Quote:

Here's some random thoughts from last nights game.

The Hawks need perimeter scoring. The problem now is that there's no production from The Shoot Brothers. Now I'll give a pass to Can't Shoot, as he's just a rookie and I think he needs minutes and he got some last night (27). But ultimately, the Hawks will need him to knock down jumpers. The other brother, Doesn't Shoot, just makes me frustrated to watch. I like so much of the rest of his game, but watching him pass up good looks just leaves fans scratching their heads. It seems that both Can't Shoot and Doesn't Shoot have mental blocks on putting the ball up. It should be a priorty of Hawks coaching to turn these guys into perimeter threats.

Toine had a terrible game last night. Is he hurting? He seemed to have trouble moving and his 36 minutes played were light for him (that's fine with me). His 4-16 from the field is a disgrace. Note, the Hawks decent second quarter run was made with Toine on the bench. I don't think he's a long term piece of this puzzle.

Ahhh - Smooove. Well he put on quite a show. The kid has great gifts. But it would be good for him to get a dependable mid-range jump shot for those times when his path to the hoop isn't so clear. The refs robbed him on one goaltending call where it was a clear block.

The Hawks are going nowhere until they have a defensive presence in the center. It's just pathetic. I like Drobby, but he should be a backup center getting regular minutes off the bench. The Hawks spent some time playing without a center, which makes some sense in that there's no use in pretending to have something you don't have, but on the other hand you aren't going to win without a five on the floor.

For the blazers, Darius 'Pharoah' Miles impressed me a lot. (he looks like a pharoah with that beard). He spent a lot of time above the rim, especially when Smoove wasn't on the floor.