• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simple Trade

Atlanta trades:

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.7 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

C Leon Smith (2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.1 minutes)

Atlanta receives:

SF Lamond Murray (16.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.2 apg in 32.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +0.4 ppg, -3.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Cleveland trades:

SF Lamond Murray (16.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.2 apg in 32.6 minutes)

Cleveland receives:

PG Emanual Davis (6.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 29 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

C Leon Smith (2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 14 games)

Change in team outlook: -0.4 ppg, +3.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

--------------------------------------------

Cleveland gets shorter contracts for a player whose role will be diminshed anyway with the addition of Miles. Smith's contract (according to Jaywalker) is not guaranteed, so the Cavs don't have to keep him if they don't want him. Davis is in the last year of a "cheap" contract, and has experience at both the PG & SG spots...

Atlanta basically gives up Crawford for Murray - a tradeoff that gives them more roster space this year in exchange for one extra year of a SF's contract. Murray and Kukoc share time at SF, allowing DJ to play more at the 2, where his size and defense should offset Murray's lack thereof.

I haven't done the math, but I would imagine this also frees the Hawks to sign Newble to a reasonable contract as a defensive stopper in clutch situations. Or to reward Haslem for his effort this summer...

--------------------------------------------

What else did I miss?

Just looking at it, I'm all for it. Some does depend on Murray's contract. However, I checked and noticed that he was their top ppg scorer last season (at 16 something) and shot 42.6% and 43.4% from the field and 3 respectively last season. I'm not sure if what we're putting in there would be quite enough, though a draft pick, even a 2nd rounder, might push it over the top.

The bu possibilities of Email in the backcourt for them is a glaring need...the question is what would acquiring another sf do for their new golden boy's pt...would they move him to the 4 some? I don't think Crawford has the handles to play the 2, though I'm not entirely sure.

It'd be a good trade for us, the question is, would they bite?

• Premium Member

man...Did you read my post or just guess what it said? Murray would have been a 3rd option AT BEST...why would I post a trade that exchanged three scrubs for a 1st OPTION?

Anyway, who cares now? We got a much better deal and player with Robinson.

"That sucks. hes at best a 3rd option type player on a sucky team with the role of being THEIR SHOOTER."

- i was somewhat mocking the CAVS and their untalented team with Murray as their best option.

By no means did i mean to say THAT U WERE WRONG or anything like that...

"Murray would have been a 3rd option AT BEST...why would I post a trade that exchanged three scrubs for a 1st OPTION?"

- why are u getting mad at me for AGREEING WITH U?

• Premium Member

Well, I'm sorry then. That's the problem with message boards like these...hard to tell exactly what someone is referring to...BTW, someone posted this trade on the Cavs REALGM board, and a guy replied to our players with: "Who are those guys..." It's also really amusing to read the Bucks' fans who think that Leon is the "key to the deal" :>