• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone mentioned Derrick Coleman.....

jezmund

If he wouldn't be a cancer to our team chemistry than he might be a possibility. It mentioned Philly wanting a younger, more athletic PF in return for Coleman. I don't know about athleticisim but Hendu sure is younger than DC and CC is a very athletic player.

Hendu/CC for DC might work after all

My only worry about this is team chemistry and if DC would mind coming off the bench. It would be great to get DC for cap purposes but you could always try and think of a 3-way. Like us getting Greg Ostertag or something (big contract, last year), Utah getting DC and Philly getting Hendu/CC. We could still sign Willis and have either him or Nazr playing PF. I think Nazr would do fine at PF if he wasn't guarding a Nowitzki or Garnett.

i've been thinking about the same trade. hendu + CC for coleman, but the problem is, will the sixers do it? CC only played around 190 games in 5 years, i believe he never played more than 50 games a season. as for hendu, his contract is not cap friendly. will the sixers take a longer contract even though hendu can put up better numbers if given the same minutes as coleman? what is their cap status, getting 2 long term contract could put them into the luxury tax?

You are right about the contracts being not too trade friendly and the luxury tax looming. I'm not sure if the contracts would bother them that much unless, like you said, they got a big luxury tax hit. Having AI, KVH, Mckie, TMac, and Buckner all with long term deals, I don't think that it seems to bother them much. I don't know, I definitely think anything that would rid us of Hendu and CC is worth looking at if it means shorter contracts.

I said something about chemistry and how trading away some of our players while bringing in an Ostertag or DC might hurt us in that department. I was thinking and it might not hurt us much really. Only JT/Reef/DJ/Nazr and maybe DG seem to have built much chemistry playing a solid amount of time together (I'd put IRA in there too but he might not be coming back). Hendu and CC were injured most of the season.

Hendu/Email for Ostertag works salary wise...? That would leave us with....

JT/DD

DJ/DG

DOG/CC

SAR/NAZ

THEO/Otag

Look at that I would like to trade and pickup a vet player at either the 1, 2, or 3. And then I would still like to pick up Willis. If you really cared about the cap and shorter contracts and would be willing to give up a little more talent kind of like MIL did with us in the DOG trade we could.....

DG/CC/Email/Hendu for Russell(1 yr, 3+M),Ostertag, 2nd rd. pick

JT/DD

DJ/Russell

DOG/???IRA???

SAR/NAZ

THEO/Willis/Otag

We could fill that swingman spot with an undrafted rookie FA or something for cheap or talk IRA down a little in price.

The last thing we need is a player who will be a bad influence on Big Dog and DC certainly would be a bad influence. Big Dog obviously likes to get his drink on and DC REALLY likes to get his drink on. I could see the two of them trying to close down the clubs every night. Big Dog needs to be focused and Coleman would likely be a HUGE distraction. In addition, Coleman will be a royal a** if he doesn't get as much PT as he would like. You saw what happened in Charlotte. I'd MUCH rather just keep Hendu/CC and have them come off the bench than have to listen to DC whine because he isn't getting enough minutes off the bench behind SAR. NO THANKS!

You talkin about the next Karl Malone?First Randy White was the

next Karl Malone(Did Randy even play 3 seasons?)and Coleman

was supposed to be the next Karl Malone and has failed and is

only a slightly better than average player.

No deal