• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any word on Bogut's workout today?

NYHawk

THIS JUST IN:

hawks.com

bogut_062405_150.jpg

bogut2_062405_150.jpg

Hawks Exec. VP & GM Billy Knight, on Andrew Bogut:

"He’s going to be a good player. We still think he has a lot of upside. He’s played against a lot of international competition, we think he’s got a lot of experience, and there is a lot of potential there. "

"Milwaukee picks first, we pick second, and there is nothing we can do about that. The good thing is there are four top players, and the Bucks can only take one of them. So we will see who Milwaukee takes, and then we will have a choice between three guys. We are going to be very happy with the player we get."

" I probably have an idea who we want, but I will keep that to myself. We don’t have to make it until Tuesday night, and we will take all that time to keep meeting to figure out who we want. The bottom line is, we are pleased with the players we are going to have at #2, we think we are going to be overjoyed with a player. "

-----------------------------------

Quotes from Andrew Bogut's workout:

(On his workouts)

"It's good for me to get on the court, do what I know I can do. They've seen enough of me on tape, they know my game. So to see my game in person, see me in person, and have me here to meet all the media and behind the scenes people."

(On the #1 pick)

"Milwaukee hasnt told me they are taking me, it's either me or marvin williams.I am competitive, and I won't lie, I want to be the top pick. But, if that doesnt work out, Atlanta at #2 is pretty good."

(On whether these workouts show what he is capable of)

" These workouts dont show much. It doesnt show your competitive side, how you do when things aren't going your way. It's just more of a skill sessoin, to see if I can handle the ball, shoot it a little, run the floor, so you are only seeing 20-30% of someone's game in this situation."

(On what he wants to prove to his doubters)

" I want to show people I'm athletic and I can jump. The East Cost media say I'm not athletic, and I think I am showing them something different here. My vertical is one inch shorter than Marvin Williams, and everyone talks about him as a super-athlete, so I don’t see what the difference is. I think I have shown these guys I can run the floor, and I am a good guy off the court as well ."

(On the difference between working out with the Bucks and the Hawks)

"The Bucks workout was a little shorter, a little more shooting type stuff. This was a little more coming off screens, more athletic-type stuff to see if I can jump, be explosive. I’m definitely a little more tired today after the workout."

(On playing in the 2004 Olympics)

"A lot. Confidence wise, it really helped me. Working out all summer with my Australian team, a lot of those guys have played professionally, some even in the NBA, and going up against guys like Tim Duncan. Coming back to college, I really felt like I was a man among boys."

(On working out with other players)

"My agent would never let that happen, but I’ve been wanting to play five-on-five for awhile now. This 1-on-0 thing is getting kind of old. I want to go out there and kick someone’s butt, but my agent won’t let me (laughs), he said he’d resign if I did. But I am competitive, and I miss the competitiveness of going up against guys. I’m a bit more competitive on X-Box now though ."

(On the difference between him and Marvin Williams)

"Marvin is a great player, but it doesn’t make sense to me – I am only 20 years old, he is 19. They talk about him and say he has so much potential, and he does, but I’m only a year and a half older, yet they say he has a lot more potential. I’m still relatively young, and I still have potential and upside as well. I just want to come in, improve my game year by year, and just go from there."

(On his meetings with the Hawks Thursday night)

"We went to a nice steakhouse, had a great meal, I met Coach Woodson. It went very well. I got to know them off the court, obviously if I get drafted here I will get to know them on the court, but it’s nice to get to know them some behind the scenes, find out what their lives are like."

(On the importance of playing for his national team)

" Definitely, anytime you can play for your country it’s a big deal. I won a gold medal for my country at the Under-20 World Championships. I’d rather win a gold medal for my country at the Olympics than an NBA championship. There is nothing bigger than that. "

--------------------------

WILL BYNUM INTERVIEW

Hawks.com: What has the workout process been like for you?

Will BynumB: It’s been good until the last couple days, I’ve had to take a couple red-eye flights, so I am pretty exhausted, but overall it’s been great, I am loving the experience.

Hawks.com: Has the travel affected your workouts?

Bynum: well, it hasn’t bothered me too much, I did real well in New York.

Hawks.com: How many have you been through so far?

Bynum: I have two more, and I have already done 17.

Hawks.com: What do you think about the prospect of playing for the Hawks?

Bynum: It would be exciting and fun to be here in Atlanta, I think it would be a great fit.

Hawks.com: You got a lot of press for your performance at the pre-draft camp in Chicago. How was that experience?

Bynum: I was just going out there and playing hard, doing the things I’ve been doing. I had the opportunity to run the point a lot, and I wanted to show I could run a team, so that was good. I think it went really well.

Hawks.com: What do you think you could contribute to the team?

Bynum: I can be a tempo-changer, pick it up 94 feet. Harrass people, get them out of their offense, try to set up my teammates for easy baskets.

If people think Nate Robinson is gonna be really solid, Will has to be in that same category. Will is gonna have to learn to play some point but at the same time if you put him in the backcourt with a tall pg (ie Diaw) you dont have to worry about matchups cause he will take the smaller guy(most likely the other teams pg).We never got to see him run the point alot at GT because of Jack. Hes a nice ballhandler but we will have to see how he runs a team.