• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bobby Simmons (and Stotts) to the Bucks.....

flava

Quote:

How can you match if you don't have bird rights? I'm not sure what you mean here.

Bird rights give you the ability to sign a player for more than the cap if he is your player. With Gadzuric, we do not have BIRD rights, but he is a RFA, so we can match any offer on the table for him.

Quote:

Sign Simmons out from under LAC, then trade Mason for their best player. This is not realistic. Why would they deal with you now, much less for that deal ever?

The deal was actually more like Desmond Mason, Joe Smith, and 2 first round draft picks for Elton Brand. I wasn't assuming they would do the trade straight up.

I think that the Hawks will be very sorry if they don't find a center that can put up at least 12 PPG. That isn't Chandler, or Gadzuric. Gadzuric's points all come off of tip slams and putbacks, on offense, it is like playing 4 on 5, because the other team won't cover him.

Guest Walter

However, I thought being a restricted FA meant the team had your bird rights also (alah a rookie contract = 3 years)and could give you the 12.5% annual raises, etc. that go along with it.

W