• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this is not over reacting

ggp

There is much uproar about the JJ trade. The media had released the trade details days ago. Still we have no trade. Presumeably because Belkin is not signing.

NEWS FLASH: The Hawks have lousy ownership.

Letting the media run with the story for four days. Making your GM look like a fool. Then, pulling the cord at the moment of truth is shear stupidity. The team looks bad, it looks very bad.

The Hawks can barely get anyone to come to a game...it has PR problems. Now, Belkin decides to hold back and no matter what happens, the team loses the grand PR that it would have reaped with the big singing. Instead, Miami gets all the headlines and ATL sinks back into the mud.

Nice work boys, real nice.

The only person who could confirm this 100% for us is Rutherford Seydel... AKA "DIESEL"!!!

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quote:

Just join right in with the rest of the locals that think they know what's going on.

KB,

I have read many of your posts and I respect what you say. However, if you read my post once more, you will see that I am not critcizing the trade nor the hessitancy of Belkin. I am also not claiming to be "in the know." I am criticizing the lack of organization of this franchise.

Where is the united front that all good organizations must have from its front office?

The team should have control of its PR. If the trade rumors were false, then a denial should have been released. If the trade was still in the negotiation stage, then the team should have issued a statement saying that they are looking into several possible transactions. This is simple PR management.

BK has apparently negotiated a deal with the Suns and was confident enough to allow the media to release the news without a denial. BK strikes me as a serious man and I wonder how surprised he may be at the recent blockade. If what I am saying is true, there is sufficient grounds for BK to consider himself a puppet GM.

Now, you may very well "know what is going on." If so, please enlighten us all.

Quote:

BK has apparently negotiated a deal with the Suns and was confident enough to allow the media to release the news without a denial.

I *SERIOUSLY* doubt that is the case. Most likely, the Suns' side let it go. The only thing we really know about BK is that he doesn't tell the media anything.