Sympathy for Hawks

Safetyboi

I know that the Braves USED to be on all the time, but they arent anymore. Perhaps that is because of DirecTV, but I am not sold on that.

You are right about having to order YES, but it is part of the sports package, which I am sure any sports fan probably has. I dont believe that you have to have the MLB Extra Innings deal to see the games either.

I can most assuredly say with confidence that non-local games are blacked out quite a bit, although that might have to do with it being DirecTV. In fact, even though I have the sports package and the MLB Extra Innings package, I had a game the other night between the Yankees and White Sox that was blacked out and clearly those teams arent in my market.

Honestly I dont care about the Braves not being shown here because I dont have any desire to watch them so its fine with me.

Dolfan,

I think that your last sentence explains why you are confused about the Braves being shown in other markets. You don't care to watch the Braves and are therefore unclear. TBS does indeed show 80-90 games per year. They would only be blacked out in Houston if they are playing the Astros because the local station would carry it. Otherwise, all other Braves games would be carried. I know because I go to Houston all the time for family visits.

Now, if the YES network is on DirecTV then yes the viewing would be huge. And, indeed there are billions of Yankee fans out there, which dwarfs even the large number of Braves watchers. But TBS is still showing 'em. They do in California where I live, and they do in the other states that you mentioned: North Carolina, Texas, etc. For what it's worth.

I lived in Austin, TX for the past 6 years although I just moved out of Texas 2 weeks ago and I have had both time warner cable for a stint and the Dish Network and I have watched braves games regulary on TBS on both for all those years. As mentioned TBS does show less games then they used to be but there are still plenty to watch.

It shows up in MI on the Dish plenty as well.