• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

US TEAM = dead last in FREE THROW PERCENTAGE

cyman3

I was watching the yugoslavia vs new zealand game and the commentator mentioned that US was dead last in FT % (16th out of 16).

I think we should have done better selecting our roster.

I like the fact that REGGIE MILLER and PAUL PIERCE were on the team, but players like Ben Wallace or A Davis really dont play well in this type of competition.

I think TIM DUNCAN would fit in quite nicely in this type of game. Jason Kidd would have been VERY HELPFUL... and even if Shaq sucks at FTs, he would scare away EVERY CENTER in the tournament.

Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, Shaq Oneal = FORMULA of winning the GOLD MEDAL. Just to make sure we dont end up with the silver medal, add in KEVIN GARNETT smile.gif

I don't think that you'll get much argument that a) this team wasn't the best the US had to offer, not by a long shot really, b) this team wasn't assembled correctly based on the players that were willing to play.

for argument sake, do u think the LA LAKERS could represent the US TEAM better than our selected group of

PIERCE, MILLER, WALLACE, A DAVIS, A MILLER, J ONEAL, JAY WILLIAMS, etc...

The LAKERS do play a good team game with many ROLE PLAYERS- Fox/Horry/Fisher.... Bryant and Oneal could lite it up in the tournament...

You would then run into problems of foreign players on the selected team wanting to play for their home nation....then what do you do? It's an interesting thought, but I don't think that it's really one worth considering too long...because there's no way you would be able to get the entire team to agree to play for the summer, not spend time off, not get surgery...I just don't think it would work.

but to answer your question, Yes, I think the Lakers would have had more success...if properly motivated.

"because there's no way you would be able to get the entire team to agree to play for the summer, not spend time off, not get surgery"

- hehe, i forgot... that it would be hard for everyone to take TIME OFF during their ONLY SPARE TIME to play MORE BASKETBALL... im sure vacations, religious activities/community service, other careers, etc.. will get in the way

Tim Duncan wouldn't be eligible to play for the US since he's from the Virgin Islands, but nice try. And how come Chris Webber wasn't even considered for the U.S. team?

The U.S. just lost to Spain for 5th place, 81-75, and in case anyone here was wondering, they shot 63% (10-16) from the line.

I thought the Virgin Islands was a territory of the US? So wouldnt that consider him as an American? Oh yeah, do u have to be BORN in the US to play for the team or is it just US CITIZENSHIP that gives u the rite to play for the selected team.

BTW, i left out many good players like Chris Webber/Allen Iverson/Alonzo Mourning/etc.