• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel like we just recovered the LA/Boston pick

Guest Walter

1) he was drafted in the 1st rd

2) People didn't doubt Leon Smith's talent. They doubted his sanity. He tried to kill himself AFTER being drafted.

3) Leon averaged LESS THAN 15.6 RPG!

4) He did so in the talent vacuous NBDL.

I asked for one player to have averaged at least 15.6 RPG. Leon didn't even mange that in the talent vacuous NBDL and you hinge your lesser example on the craziest player ever?!?

Sorry.

W

Of course, Leon Smith actually WAS a 1st round NBA draft pick.

Swen Nater and Marvin Barnes were also 1st round NBA draft picks, and Julius Keye was a 3rd round pick (even before he posted those rebounding totals). All three were ABA all-stars.

So it's not exactly clear how any of these players disprove his point.

The Australian players are better examples, as they do show that quality of competition matters. Also, there is a difference between averaging 15 rebounds/game for a tourney as opposed to doing it for an entire season.

Quote:

You go to club teams for the land down under. Did I mention I averaged 15.6 RPG for my church team? What nonsense.

W

You had a wet dream that you averaged 5 rebounds on your church team.

And I quote the laughable "W":

"Name one player post-HS averaging 15.6 RPG (or more) during a tournament or season. Any European league, FIBA non-junior league, NBDL, CBA, Olympic or world championship qualifying. Anything. Just one. One single solitary player. Unlimited time frame. Go back 20 years, 30, 40..."

So this is not good enough? ABA(Australian) doesnt count? Isn't that what you wanted? A post HS league no matter from where and when (anything)?

I know 15.3 is so far from 15.6 it's unreal, and he did so in the talent vacuous NBDL. That is exactly right. It was NBDL talent that your boy Batista was playing against that you are hyping up. How about you fess up and admit your wrong, again. You have made your bed now go to sleep!

One example, 25 years ago, in a non-club league in Australia. Most of the examples were FIRST ROUND PICKS! I wonder why, in an attempt to find individuals with high rebounding totals that weren't 1st rd worthy, MOST were 1st rd picks.

Moreover, I asked again what is different about Batiste to Barbosa, Garcia, and Hector. The America's pre-world championship all-tournament team. All were drafted 1st rd our just signed. Hector was signed by Cleveland, the only team to go after him, but I doubt that he won't contribute for them as a 1st rder.

For a Uraguayan player on an 8th place team to make the all-tourney team when the U.S. has no representative says volumes about his all-around great performance. More than 1 guy 25 years ago as a 3rd rd pick does.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

1) he was drafted in the 1st rd

2) People didn't doubt Leon Smith's talent. They doubted his sanity. He tried to kill himself AFTER being drafted.

3) Leon averaged LESS THAN 15.6 RPG!

4) He did so in the talent vacuous NBDL.

I asked for one player to have averaged at least 15.6 RPG. Leon didn't even mange that in the talent vacuous NBDL and you hinge your lesser example on the craziest player ever?!?

Sorry.

W

W here was your challenge:

Quote:

Instead of barking little dog, find a post-HS basketball player averaging 15.6 RPG over a season or tournament, much less one with NBA players in it! JUST ONE!

You didn't limit the criteria to non-first round picks or tell me that leagues in Uruguay were OK but that leagues in Australia weren't or anything like that. I wasn't even choosing sides in your debate. I gave examples of NBA HOFers who were picked early and averaged 15 rpg and exampels of total scrubs who average 15 rpg. I just answered your question without an agenda. Get a grip.

You could also add in people averaging near 15 rpg like:

Warren Kidd who averaged 14.8 rpg in Division I basketball in 1993

Jerome Lambert 1994 14.8 RPG Div I NCAA basketball

Lorenzo Pool 16.0 RPG Div II NCAA Basketball

Len Chappell Averaged 17.1 Rebounds in NCAA Tournament (6 game minimum)

There will be a lot of examples in smaller leagues. BTW - Leon Smith played that season in the CBA not the NBDL. The CBA is the same league that produced Ben Wallace and numerous other NBA players.