• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No falcons talk around here this week?

chillzatl

• Admin

We're 2-1, vick looked pretty great in every aspect. If our receivers can combine for 150+ yards per week, we're going to be very hard to beat. Our D-line needs work. I think maybe Brooking might be losing it. Two weeks in a row we've seen opposing backs basically blow by him. Though he was hurt through the pre-season, so maybe he's just now getting into form. Despite giving up 140 to Mcgahee, they looked better than in the previous week.

I'm not surprised, seems things get quiet around here when something positive happens, whether it be Braves or Falcons winning, when negative things happen, we see some action...

about the Falcons defense, I don't think Brooking is any slower than he was last year. I think he is being exposed a little because of the problems on the defensive line. I think the defensive line is getting blown off the ball a little bit on run blocking schemes....I think losing Ed Jasper hurts pretty bad in run stop situations, and Brady Smith is out, which hurts on depth as well. We'll have to see what adjustments Donatell can make.

I think that is the perfect formula for success for us. 100 yds or so for Dunn and 50+ yds each for Vick and Duckett. Combine that with some downfield shots to Jenkins and R. White with the posssession stuff going to Crump and Finn and I think we have the makings of a consistently good offense. If the O-Line gives Vick that much protection every week, I think we will be awfully tough to stop.

Defensively, I think the results have been mixed. The run D HAS to get better but the pass D has been very good as a whole. I think we do okay on the up the middle runs but we are still doing a poor job of dealing with wide runs to either side. Neither Hartwell nor Brooking have played up to expectations so far. For whatever reasons, neither is doing a good job of getting off blocks and getting to the ball carriers. The secondary has performed well for the most part but Scott needs to find his aggressiveness again in the run game and start packing a wallop.

All that being said, I am THRILLED at 2-1 after week 3 with this schedule. Coming into the season, I felt that 3-3 after week 6 would be great and anything better meant we should be battling for home field advantage in the playoffs. I still feel that way.

• Admin

Them being the pats. They're run defense hasn't been all that good this year and we're a good running team. They also have some key injuries to their line from last week. As long as they aren't able to completely force us into the run, I think we can get it done.

they will be a good test for us defensively though!

The Patriots' ability to pound the ball in the run game scares me because if we have trouble stopping the run, Brady will KILL us with the play action stuff.

I actually like our offense against their D. Seymour is a BEAST but I'm not sure they have the overall speed on D that is necessary to contain Vick.