• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodboy Falcons or the Nasty Thrashers???

Hawkzzz21

Well it seems the Thrashers are making a statement. They aren't winning, but becomming known as the Goon Squad. I have to say that I like this approach much more than the Falcons Way of doing things.

Bottom line....is winning. So the Falcons get the nod there.

I just have a problem with the Falcons constantly looking for the good boys. The guys that are good in the community, donate their money and time to charties. That's all good and stuff, but isn't what they do on the field more important?

Arthur Blank has stated publicly on wide receivers Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. How they wouldn't be a good fit for Atlanta.

Hmmmmmmmm........since when does two guys that get you a 100 yards every Sunday, not a good fit? Since our receiving core is made up of guys like Dez White, Brian Finneran, Michael Jenkins, and Roddy White.

I understand what having bad attitudes can do. Can cause locker room problems, can get in trouble with the law off the field, etc... I don't think you totally disregard attitude. You do factor it in. Since when does attitude over shadow talent?

Football and Hockey are rough sports. You need tough guys. Why is the Falcons forming a Humanitarian Team first, and a talented team second.

Finneran dropping balls, or any of our receivers getting very few yards after the catch, is as much to condem, as a guy messing up the locker room.

You have to weigh it out, but why always go with the good guy, when the bad guy plays better.

If I was a coach. I would tell my GM to bring me the most talent possible. I will work their attitudes out. If not, we can get rid of them. Let me have a shot of screwing their heads on straight. I would be mad, if I knew my GM wasn't bringing me the best talent, cause he agrees with the owner, and good guys is the best way to go.

Dennis Rodman has been the only athlete in any sport that I didn't want to have any part of. I think he is uncoachable. However, if he can lead the league in rebounds. His techinicals and suspensions might be a small price to pay to have the best rebounder.

Guys like Artest and Rasheed Wallace don't scare me. They have so much talent to offer. Yes, they will cost me a game or two cause they will argue a call late in a game, and get a technical that proves to be the difference in the game. So they cost me a couple of losses. I think they will earn me, many more wins.

The Thrashers have looked bad. They really don't have any guys that have a bad rep., but they are working on it...lol.

And it isn't like the good guys are always good. Remember Eugene Robinson? Won the humanitarian award in the Falcons Super Bowl Year. Then he decided to go prowling in the streets of Miami. Just on the eve of the biggest game in Falcon History.

Falcons need some attitude.

Thrashers need goals.

Braves need a pitching coach. (I nominate John Smoltz. Let him be a player/coach)

Hawks just need to start the season already!

I think that mostly what's happened so far is that the new NHL rules have led to increased scoring, more blowouts, and more explosions of anger (which happens in 95% of NHL blowouts.)

That said, yeah, they're goons, and I love every last one of them.

I think Mike Maddux would be a good pitching coach here smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Well it seems the Thrashers are making a statement. They aren't winning, but becomming known as the Goon Squad. I have to say that I like this approach much more than the Falcons Way of doing things.

Bottom line....is winning. So the Falcons get the nod there.

I just have a problem with the Falcons constantly looking for the good boys. The guys that are good in the community, donate their money and time to charties. That's all good and stuff, but isn't what they do on the field more important?

The Falcons are actually criticized for being dirty for their OL play.

Quote:

Arthur Blank has stated publicly on wide receivers Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. How they wouldn't be a good fit for Atlanta.

Hmmmmmmmm........since when does two guys that get you a 100 yards every Sunday, not a good fit?

They take up a ton of cap room and are prima donnas that bury your team chemistry. Moss doesn't block either so he would be a worse fit on the field than someone like Owens. Owens problem is his need for attention and consistent ability to turn on his own QB. Think of the crap he has given to his last two QBs.

Quote:

I understand what having bad attitudes can do. Can cause locker room problems, can get in trouble with the law off the field, etc... I don't think you totally disregard attitude. You do factor it in. Since when does attitude over shadow talent?

Football and Hockey are rough sports. You need tough guys. Why is the Falcons forming a Humanitarian Team first, and a talented team second.

I don't think this is true at all. Who are these ultra-humanitarians other than Dunn? If the Falcons were so incredibly concerned with image they would trade Vick who is currently being sued for allegedly intentionally spreading a VD.

Quote:

Finneran dropping balls, or any of our receivers getting very few yards after the catch, is as much to condem, as a guy messing up the locker room.

You have to weigh it out, but why always go with the good guy, when the bad guy plays better.

I don't think guys like Rod Coleman are being brought in for their etiquette. The Falcons have spent two first round picks trying to upgrade the talent at WR.

You have to weigh everything out and the biggest strike against Moss and Owens are their salaries. How do you fit in another $8 M per year under cap?

hmmm.

talent at all costs without regards to personality is a bad idea...unless you really really win, like the whole thing, consistently (see the early 90's Cowboys).

Personally, while I would have loved TO or Randy here in 'principal,' fact of the matter is that Vick is still learning how to lead the team, make it his 'winning' team...and TO or Moss would have severly disrupted that. Can you see the media-moderate Vick having to do what Donovan did all summer with TO?

Also..Rodman...far from uncoachable. Rarely late to practice, he did everything he was told to do on the court. Uncoachable off the court...yeah, probably. but don't mistake how great a player he was~ or even how he was when on the spurs, pistons, bulls...without the mavericks or laker debacle when his career wsa essentially over...