• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks...

So we are 0-6 right now and some of you guys feel BK needs to make a move to shake things up, why? did you think we would be over 500. at this point? I didn't. I've see a lot of good things so far, we are improving and that is all that is important. The wins will come eventually.

Here is what I think about our players so far...

Esteban Batista: I understand that this guys is nothing more than a banger down low, but I havn't even seen him grab too many rebounds so far this year, and he has gotten pretty good minuets so far. I dont expect too much out of the guy, but I do expect more than what I am seeing right now out of him.

Josh Childress: Why all the "Trade Chill" threads? Josh is probobly one of the most mature players for his age right now in the league. Not to mention he does all the little things that people really dont relize. The big plays will come from him when his body develops. He is deffinetly a keeper in my oppinion. He just has to hit the wieght room.

Tony Delk: Havn't seen him so far this year due to family issues, but he is no doubt an underated player in this league. He is still 29 years old and I wouldnt mind keeping him in the future as the third PG, at a cheaper price. A lot of people like Ivey as the third PG in the future because of how good of a defender he is, but I like TD much better there because he is just as good of a defender(if not better), with a nice offensive game(which Royal dosnt have).

John Edwards: I admit he is a funny looking dude, but he is getting more aggresive as each game goes by. And we are getting good value from him at the price we are got him at. He may be a keeper in the future as a third C if he continues to improve.

Al Harrington: Extreamly mature for his age. You read about it in the AJC articles on him, but you saw it for yourself with that great speach he gave at the home opener. He has a great game, and he continues to improve it day by the day. The only thing i'd like to see him do more is pass out of the post, but that will come with time. We got to lock this guy up no matter what. A guy we can build around, a star in the making.

Royal Ivey: I like him as a defender, but dosn't have the offensive skills to survive in the NBA in my oppinion(See Tony Delk for more)

Joe Johnson: Al Harrington is a star in the making, Joe Johnson is a superstar in the making. He can do it all. Shoot, pass, lead a team, dribble, everything. I can't wait to see this guy develop even more. I think he is a PG, but I'd like to see us run a two PG system(like WAS did last year with Arenas and Hughes)and grab another Point Gaurd with Boston's pick this year(Brewer, Rondo, or Collins)just to give JJ some insurance against the press.

Tyronn Lue: A good veturan player to have on an 0-6 team. He can run the offense sucessfully, play good defense, and be a leader for us. He may get a little too many minuets, (thanks to Woody) but when we have the amount of veturans we do I can understand that. I like lil' lue, but I think we should trade him this offseason. He is the only guy on the squad on the team with any value that I would actually trade.

ZaZa Pachulia: A great player to have, and will develop to become a real good player for us. A guy who will work hard on the glass, and give you 10-14 points in the process. Heis no doubt a guy BK will want to hold on to, but I see him(In the future)as ou main front court option off the bench besides Marvin. Which I dont think will be a problem for him because all he seems to care about is minuets, which he will still get.

Daunta Smith: I like this guy. When he is in the game he provides us with a spark. He knows how to get to the basket and score, uses his athletic ability well. He still needs to develop, but is a keeper.

Josh Smith: Seems to have gotten Woody's message. We all know this kid could be a superstar in the making, but the problem was that I think he knew that too. He wasplaying like a bitch, I saw he put on some muscle and developed a nice jumper, but all he did was stand around the perimeter. That is why Woody benched him.I think he has a game now, but just needs to controll it(inside, and outside game mixed together)and that is what he did last night. Way to go Smoove..keep it up! No doubt a keeper

Salim Stoudamire: Man what a steal!!! Great call by Chill telling BK to draft this guy. His shot is spectalcular, his TO have gone way down after his first couple of games, he actually is looking like a PG to me, and his attitude seems to be much better in the NBA. He should be starting for us at PG this year in my oppinion, but he is no doubt a keeper in the future as our main man in the back court off the bench.

Marvin Williams: Is a star in the making. This guy is a great overall basketball player, probobly second on the team to JJ in terms of overall skill. Can't wait to see how good this guy becomes! He was a super sub at INC and will be the same for usin the future. No doubt a keeper.

*Dont forget the Hawks have thier own lottery pick in this draft which I expect to be a top 10 pick...(Tiago Splitter, or Josh Boone)

*Cenk Akyol will be ready in a year or two

Future Line-up

PG (Ronnie Brewer, Rajon Rondo, Mardy Collins)/Salim Stoudamire/Tony Delk

SG Joe Johnson/Josh Childress

SF Josh Smith/Marvin Williams

PF Al Harrington/ZaZa Pachulia

C (Tiago Splitter, Josh Boone)/?/Jon Edwards

IR:

Daunta Smith

Cenk Akyol(I dont expect him to sign here untill we are ready for the playoffs)

Your not wrong to stand behind Chill. He's taken his knocks so far this season, but it's certainly too early to ship him out right now...

Biggest things I took from your post:

a little optimism for once, despite the losing...

and I had completely forgotten that Delk was only 29...looks (or seems) older...very good point to make. Think that many forget that...